1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLASER F3 Super Sports 32" -G-Square-FINISHED-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bueno, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bueno

Bueno Member

Can anybody share their experiences with the new Blaser F3 Super Sports 32", for trap, international trap, sporting clays, and live bird?
    I just got this one and I haven't shot it yet, cuz I am getting Mike Gregory, from G-Square to install the shockmaster, so then I can shoot all day for days, without the bothersome recoil pains.

[​IMG]

This slim, over and under German marvel, is a beauty and I was lucky to grab her. I will probably remove the weights in the stock, that probably make it butt heavy, and evade as much as I can, installing the barrel weights.
    Will continue in a few days after I try her out.
    Mikey
    PS: I hope this one is a keeper.

Below with the G-Square finally done, not bad ah?

[​IMG]

2. Landshark

Landshark Member

Make sure the stock finish stays on....

3. Bueno

Bueno Member

Re losing the finish that would be the least of my worries, cuz I am having a leather covered soft comb installed, later on I will put new wood as in Turkish Circassian and have a stock made, that would be super.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

First put it on the pattern board and make sure both barrels shoot the same place. If they don't, send it in and have them fix it. Have them check the ejectors too. They had a bad batch in 2009. They were too soft.

Play with the weights. A lot of the good doubles shooters have all the weights added, and surprisingly, the gun is very lively even with the weights.

Mine is a F3 Super trap. I shoot sporting and doubles with it @ 10.5 pounds.

Great gun.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

leave the butt weight in it for flyers, you need to switch directions frequently on live birds.

6. Bueno

Bueno Member

Hey Joe:

Switch directions on flyers! You can say that again! I have had, and I am sure you had too, a bird in my bead and fired, and then out of nowhere the SOB makes a drastic turn, like he had radar, and goes in the opposite direction.
    Didn't think about the weights, but you are right, a heavier butt gun will give the barrel more speed and also help with the recoil of those Mexican and European 4 dram loads, lol.

7. Bueno

Bueno Member

Setterman:

I usually didn't like to tinker too much with POI and I know now I should, because my last gun the top barrel shot at a different place than my bottom barrel, and if you are shooting trap you don't notice since you are only using one barrel most of the time.
    I never had a gun with these many possibilities for balancing, so we shall see, but I also never shot a gun as heavy as yours at 10.5 pounds. Usually I like to top the weight at 9 lbs maximum, but I guess the balance is the most important thing, not the actual weight.
    I also finding out that different chokes have different POI, am I hallucinating or is that for real? I ordered Muller's for the Blaser, and that should improve things over the stock chokes.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a splatter board at home and checked all my trap tubes and my LM tubes for sporting. They were all good.

Good point. Everyone should check their tubes.

I'm sending you a PM too.

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Everyone should be lucky to have a splatter board at home :)

10. Slugo

Slugo Member

I had a loaner for a day. The F3 SuperSport was the absolute best clay gun I ever had the pleasure of using. It was set to shoot flat 50/50. Heavier than my Brownings, but handled like a Porsche 911. They have a real WINNER in this gun...

11. Bueno

Bueno Member

I don't have a splatter board at home, but there is one at my club. The experts tell me to use a bench rest which I didn't do before and is a must. Thanks for the info. Distance should be 14 yards or what?
    Mikey

12. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Here is a pic. of mine. It is the Bareonesse Grade with #8 wood. I am shooting the 32 inch barrels in 12-20&28 guage and will buy the 410's as soon as they are available. I had to sell my Perazias to buy this but don't regrete it.
    [​IMG]

13. Slugo

Slugo Member

Sprinklerman, that is a gorgeous gun!!

14. Bueno

Bueno Member

Sprinklerman:
    I had an email from somebody which I won't mention his name, that commented that I was bragging.
    I responded that after my heart surgery I was shooting automatics, or jammomatics as my friends used to holler at me. And I put up with the loud and distracting action noise, and the crude triggers for two reasons:
    1. After my divorce I didn't have much cash left for guns.
    2. I couldn't stand the recoil.
    After missing a big purse in Mexico because the automatic jammed on the second shot, I decided to go back to over and unders. Then I got a G-Square shockmaster and suddenly the o/u and me were back in the game.
    I had to sell three of my guns that I shot OK but not great to buy the Blaser, and I suggest to all the shooters to do just that. Sell a couple or three old guns, and get the latest target evaporator.
    PS; The photo of your fancy Blaser makes me salivate, and I hope one day to see it in person.
    Mikey

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have shot the new Blaser SS and it is one nice handling gun.
    The standard on is nice by it self, But that Bareonesse Grade with #8 wood is some nice looking gun.

16. Bueno

Bueno Member

The grade 5 stock on my Blaser SS is not hard to look at either:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will post photos after I receive the stock with the G-Square installed.
    Mikey

17. Bueno

Bueno Member

kraisa:

When you say "nice handling gun" what do you specifically mean by that?
    That it swings easily? That the action opens smoothly? or that it feels much lighter than what it actually weighs? Curious minds want to know.

18. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

PLEASE SHOOT YOUR NEW GUN BEFORE CUTTING THE STOCK!!!I was amazed at how soft shooting mine is. Weights: I moved the in-stock weights as close to the receiver as possible and put a small weight on either side of the bbl in the rear position. I like the added weight and having it as near the center of the gun as possible. Its a special gun. Shoot it and live with it a while before you perform surgery on it. I wonder how it would be for a bird gun though...too heavy to carry all day IMHO...and dragging that gun with the adjustable rib through the bushes, etc, may invite damage.

WNCRob

19. Bueno

Bueno Member

WNC Rob:

I could kick myself for not following your advise, as I haven't even seen the gun in person yet or even handled it, since I had the seller send it straight to G-Square. What made me purchase a Blaser was that I swung and inspected a regular F3, for sporting clays, and when I asked the owner why he was selling such a new gun, he replied because he wanted to get a Super Sports with adjustable ribs and barrels. I know that I should have shot it, BEFORE having the beautiful stock cut, but I would have had the work done later anyway, since my passion is box birds, and when I travel to some pigeon shoots overseas, you have to shoot whatever shells they have available for sale, and when you can not find let's say a softer shooting AA 3 1/4, 1 1/4 load, or even a B & P 3 1/4 1 1/8 high speed load, you have to shoot the 3 3/4 or 4 dram loads, that rattle me and make me useless for the next day of shooting, because of the strong recoil. Anyway I am very much aware that recoil has a cumulative effect, and a very famous professional clay shooter once advised me about 20 years ago, if I wanted to keep shooting until I couldn't stand up any more, I better shoot an automatic or get a good recoil system.
    Now if I only shot 7/8 or 1 ounce loads, that would be a different story.

20. Bueno

Bueno Member

PS: When I hunt quail and other smaller game I use a 20 guage Benelli automatic, and I will probably never take the Blaser in the field because of weight considerations, and also not to get it banged up, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone tried the new blaser super sport

blaser f3 poi different between top and bottom barrel

blaser f3 super sport all clays

fancy blaser f3

is a blaser f3 barrel heavy