1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser F3 Single Barrel: Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have a chance to acquire an F3 Blaser single barrel, new, etc. Question: It looks like a fine gun; anyone at this forum have experience with the gun, ownership, etc.?

Thanks,

Information highly appreciated.

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

good trigers well made no krieghoff but it doesn't cost as much.

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Check the rib on the unsingle for straightness. I've seen one with curvature like a BT-99 Plus.

4. OSH

OSH TS Member

I bought a new Blaser at the Grand last year. Love it. Weight system works well for balance. Just fits me well. Traded K80 for it. Bought unsingle this spring at PA. Cant wait to get up in the mornin to shoot. Picked up 4% points this year. Confidence, practice, Harlans school.
    OSHunter

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I read someplace that the Blaser is made from "MIM", or that process is used in the making of the Blaser. Not sure what that means; can someone enlighten me and I'm curious about durability issues. Thanks.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

mim = metal injection molding

7. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

OSH.. You traded a K80 for a Blaser?

8. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Well at least it wasn't a Perazzi.

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Well I traded for the gun, it shoots where I look, and is soft recoiling, feels light, seems very well made with tight tolerances. I like the philosphy of a "systems" gun; a gun that can be made into a gun for the "darker sides" such as skeet and sporting. (Just kidding...)

But, and a big but, the trigger is very crisp and seemingly wonderful, but I found that it varies in poundage from 3 lbs. to 4.5 lbs. on my mechanical scale. This led to some flinching problems as I tried her out. I measured the poundage (pull trigger) after shooting a couple of rounds yesterday.

Anybody else find this problem? I assume it might be due to a need to clean the trigger group and lube it..gun is new, maybe the trigger is dirty with grease, dry, etc. from/during shipping??

Any advice appreciated; I had one flinch bad enough to make me "get out of the gun" and it bit me in the cheek. So I put her away and will try another day.

Thanks for any help; I'd rather be lucky with good advice than smart being the first to figure something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser single barrel