1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%%% Blaser F3 Eye Candy &&&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well, here is a truly one of a kind that I do not think you will ever see again. It is Kentucky Bean Wood and was supplied by Earnie Ross. It is just another example of what can be done with different types of wood. It was not the easiest piece of wood to work with but we finished it. This is going to my good friend Dean DeBow and I hope that he shoots it well. The rib is one of our high Delrin add-on's that we put on then built the stock dimensions around the rib. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_030356.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030357.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030358.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030359.jpg

2. xxstr8jacketxx

xxstr8jacketxx TS Member

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Dean, good luck with your new gun. It looks like a beauty.

See you at the Kentucky State Shoot.

Ron Burdick

4. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Double WOW !

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Any particular reason he chose to go w/ the add-on rib rather than the new adjustable rib trap gun?

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Very intersting wood Dennis..nice job!

8. Dennis DeVault

Skeet Man,

When Dean bought the gun the high rib was not available plus the weight is different in the trap high rib and the low rib sporting version. It came out weight wise where Dean wanted it to be. Also the Delrin rib is a little higher in back than the trap model.

Dennis

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I actually like the way this one looks better than the Super Trap. Nice work Dennis.

10. tingram

tingram TS Member

Wow! very nice.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Nice work.

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Dennis,

What in the heck is Kentucky Bean Wood? Dean & I both live in Western Kentucky (as you know), and I have never seen any Kentucky Bean Wood. The stock is beautiful! Dean will enjoy it I am sure. But, please tell me what you can regarding this wood type?

Matt Woodson

13. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

14. Dennis DeVault

Matt,

You would have to talk to Earnie Ross. I spoke with Bill Gentry who is also in your area and Bill told me he had Coffee Bean trees growing on his farm but the tree never gets large enough to begin to cut a blank for a gun stock blank. That is why I said it was rare this is the first time in 17 years that I have ever seen or cut this wood. I hope that this helps but again I would talk to Earnie when you see him again.

Dennis

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Stunning Dennis!! I hope Deans health permits him to shoot his best with this new gun! Great job and good luck to all of you!

Hap

16. revbook

revbook Member

Boy do I enjoy these "Eye Candy" posts!!!!

17. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

I commend Dennis for his use of other than traditional run of the mill blanks. Some gunstock makers have no imagination and all the stocks look the same. I am sure shooters appreciate unusual and intersting wood--I know I do. Nice job! Phil Simms

18. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Dennis,

As Phil said, nice job! I am amazed at the Kentucky Bean. I am researching it, and hopefully will find some info on it. If I come across anything, I will email it to you. If not, well....I will have to talk to Earnie about it. I am shooting @ Dean's place the first of June. I hope to see it personally there.

Matt

19. Twixter

Twixter Member

Let me say first that I was not a fan of light colored wood. Until today. Isaw this gun personally today and the pictures, even though they are great do not do this stock justice. The grain that you see is a pinkish red color that changes when you move the stock in the sunlight. I have already put in first dibbs on this if Dean ever gets rid of it. Great job again Dennis, Cindy and crew and good luck to Dean shooting this. (Dean was just slightly excited and happy with the gun.)
    Mick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.