1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser F3 Advise needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200 tony, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Have been saving my pennies to eventually purchase a F3 Combo.

My wonderful wife told me for my birthday present to go a buy the F3.

Now that is becoming a reality I am having second thoughts, due to price.

They are as follows:

1) F3 is an expensive present

2) Will it help my game

3) Do I need to shoot such an expensive gun

I currently shoot a 90T and a 3200

Thanks for your input
    Tony

2. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Don't know too much about the Blazer, but there are other time proven options out there. What will the Blazer be worth in 30 days? Your 90T & 3200 have a proven track record of resale value and that should be a serious consideration before investing such a large sum of money.

If you want an adjustable gun, it is hard to beat the Perazzi MX-15. There are a lot of nice used ones out there.

How does the Blazer feel when you mount it? I tried one at the Grand and it just did not feel all that great, but that is personal preference.

Maybe others can give you some more insight, but that is my personal $.02 worth.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

3. mt

mt Member

Its always great getting a new gun. Not sure why but it is. I love the way they look and feel.

My experience has been that eventually.... once i get them to fit.... i end up shooting them all about the same (BT-100, skb 85tss, remington 3200, mx2000, remington 1100, ljutic dynokic). I enjoy them all but there hasn't been a panacea.

Its nice to have quality, they feel good and look good and hold up better in the long run but.....you do pay a premium for this. For myself, i do not compete....i shoot on weekends......i just can't see the value of purchasing ever increasingly costly guns.

Now perhaps if i sold the rest off and just kept one or two....

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tony,

While I believe that the Blaser's are very well made guns and will hold up for a long time, Their resale value is going to suffer until they are more widely accepted. To some this isn't a big consideration, to others it can be.

There are quite a few combo's out there these days and I've had the pleasure of handling and shooting most and have been quite impressed them. The one that has caught my eye as of late is the 687EELL combo w/upgraded wood that Joel Etchen sells. The price is in line. The gunfit is good(a couple of different stock options). And they are very easy on the eyes to boot. Resale isn't a problem with these either, if you don't like it. Just a little food for thought.

ec90t

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Please take note that the co is now out of business. Parts will be around for as long as they last. Once they are gone your out of luck. You may want to look at other guns that the maker is still in business. You should also lok at service at shoots. If no one at the shoots work on that gun then you are in trouble if the gun brakes.

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" Please take note that the co is now out of business. Parts will be around for as long as they last. Once they are gone your out of luck. You may want to look at other guns that the maker is still in business. You should also lok at service at shoots. If no one at the shoots work on that gun then you are in trouble if the gun brakes."

That would be news to the company in Stevensville, MD. I was there Friday with a friend to have a selector switch installed in his trap gun so he could use combo barrels. They seemed to be doing just fine on Friday. The above link is the factory home page. This link is for the Md. facility http://www.blaser-usa.com/Home.home.0.html?&L=1

I've shot my friend's gun several times. It handles well and has one of the smoothest, crispest triggers I've ever used. But it hasn't improved his shooting. He just hates missing more now than he did before he bought it.

Morgan

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

A new gun will not make you a better shooter ... only you can make yourself a better shooter.

Good luck with whatever you purchase but for the price if it were me I would go with a Beretta DT-10 Combo and if I wanted to economical a 682 combo and save the money for more shooting and a nice present for the wife. She deserves something nice since you'll be out shooting the new gun all the time without her or ... uh ... er ... could that be the reason why she wants you to have a new gun???

Ah second thought keep the old gun.

8. OSH

OSH TS Member

Bought a new F3 out at the Grand. Traded in My K-80. Couldnt ever get comfortable with the K gun. No cast, palm swell too large. Love the F-3. Fits me with no problem. Feels like my BT99. Adjustable weights in the stock allowed me to balance gun to my feel. Smaller swell allowd me to get finger on trigger as necessary. Most important, I cant wait to shoot the thing. Scores are improving. Mostly problem with shooter, not gun!!!!!!!! Nice trigger, easy access in front of breech. Very well engineered.

Havent had any problems yet.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

how about some feed back on recoil??

10. OSH

OSH TS Member

Setterman,

Dont notice any perceptable recoil. Less than K-80 but mostly due to weight.
    F-3 is lighter. Not a problem for me tho

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I picked up an F3 at Cabelas. It wieghed 8.25 pounds. I swore it was lighter. Felt good, had great balance.

12. johara1

johara1 TS Member

the only down side is the unsingle rib the set screws that lock the adjustment screw tighten against the threads.will not stay tight!,the center adj.set screw bottoms against the outside of the rib.this also will not stay tight and put a unsightly bump on the off side of the rib.tried lock tight,longer set screws, called factory.....gave up got a k-80........jim

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sorry My mistake. I only read the first parts of the thread and moved on.

14. Derek

Derek TS Member

Spend the money on ammo.

Derek

15. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I shot my buddies F3. It is well made, and seems nice. Didnt fit me well though, and because of this, beat the hell out of me. Couldnt wait to get off the line. Seemed like the butt was kicking up into my face. Oh well, they cant all fit perfect. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser f3 holding up longevity