1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ Blaser F/3 Eye Candy @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

This one is a Blaser F-3 Super Sporting and it will be in Florida tomorrow. This is Burl Myrtle from Mike Mann as he says another piece from the fire barrel. Very stunning both sides of the stock have little faces in the Burl that are great. And no I am not smoking anything I see little faces in the wood and that is why Burl is my favorite type of wood. My compliments to the crew and my wife for another fine job. As always enjoy and thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303433.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303434.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303435.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303436.jpg

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Now that chunk of lumber has a lot of character. I can see the faces too and I haven't smoked anything since breakfast, just kidding. Gorgeous work as always. BYG

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Dennis,

How do you get the dovetail on the grip of the stock? Do you use a milling machine, or a jig of some sort?

4. Mongoose71

Mongoose71 Member

Beautiful

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

It must be a very soft shooter. No recoil pad.

6. Dennis DeVault

The stock is set up in a fixture that I built years ago and then put in the milling machine. Brian our cad guy set up a sheet for the wood guys to follow and the pieces after cutting fit perfect. The fit is perfect enough that it requires a tap in to make them fit. No chance of ever coming out once installed. Thank you for the question. Also no recoil pad installed as the owner wanted an Isis system installed that he is doing today when the gun arrives.

Dennis DeVault

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The Seminole Cup started today good chance this gun shows up there. Just thinking out loud

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

usual awesome work from Dennis....

9. Tee J

Tee J TS Member

The dovetail would look nice on the butt of the stock also!

10. Dennis DeVault

TeeJ,

We have done a gun like you are suggesting before. The problem is the ebony is very hard and it is at times brittle and does not take impact very well. If you install the ebony in the back you will more than likely have a failure if this is installed. Maybe we will do that look in the future and post it later. Thank you for the input.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.