1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% Blaser Eye Candy &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

This is the third Sporting Shotgun that we have completed this week. It is a Blaser Super Luxus Grade done in the Bill McGuire Special Package. The barrel features our adjustable rib system that we designed and installed. The stock is English Walnut with a Black Ebony grip cap. The wood was supplied by Mike Mann who is on this sight quite often. The owner will receive the gun tomorrow but this will give him a sneak peak at the finished gun. Hope that he likes it and as always thank you for taking a look. The guys appreciate your comments.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303211.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303212.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303213.jpg

The two photos below show the new rib system. The adjustment is made by pushing in on the silver button at the muzzle end. No tools required.

dennisdevault_2008_0303214.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303215.jpg

2. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Very cocky.....what a shootin iron.

3. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

Great design, excellent craftsmanship!

4. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

The stock is beautiful and I like the rib Dennis. Very clever adjusting method. Is there a support bracket mid-barrel? Would this work on my A400?
    Tom Lieb

5. Dennis DeVault

The reason for the rib on the Blaser it was an experiment to what we are doing for later this year. I wanted a low profile rib design so I tried the process out on the Blaser first. It worked so well that we have incorporated this design in our new Over/Under coming out later this year. We are about 2 to 3 weeks away from starting to cut the metal for the proto-types that I would like to have by the Ohio State Shoot. I can do this style of rib on a Perazzi but we are really not set up for production but it can be done. Thank you for the feedback I know the new gun will be a hit when it is seen. As far as doing fittings now, I am here at the shop at least 6 hours per day so yes I can begin doing fittings again. Let me know if you need an appointment and the weather is the only thing that will stop us from doing that. Thank you for all the feedback.

Dennis DeVault

6. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi dennis am curious is this new rib steel or alumiun

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

These sporting gun redos are making me drool.Anyway you could do the same with a Browning Sporting Clay Special Edition????I've also have wondered what an adjustable rib could do for it,it's what I shoot trap with and the gun could use a redo.

Doug H.

8. Dennis DeVault

To Simon the hook-up at the receiver is steel and the rib is 6061-T-6 Aluminum. To Doug yes we can do a Browning but on the Browning I would not remove the side ribs but keep it like the Blaser with side ribs on. Thank you for the questions.

Dennis DeVault

9. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Is Bill McGuire actually shooting one of these ribs? I shot with him at the World Cup last year, and he had one of your add on ribs on his Blaser, and shooting it very well. Beautiful work! Thanks,

William

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

That, there, is some nice woodwork.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How is your rib different than the factory adjustable rib? I guess I don't understand why someone would go to all the hassle and cost to replace the factory rib.

I assume this was a flat rib sporter when it was born?

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

How much for the rib?

13. Dennis DeVault

To the last three folks that ask questions. Bill is currently shooting the delrin add-on rib and that is the gun he won the Nationals with. The gun above is for one of Bill's very good friends and he has been shooting Bill's gun until his arrived. The reason that we did the rib was Bill did not like the height of the new sporting rib that was on the new sporting adjustable gun from the factory. This gun shown above started out as a low non adjustable rib in Blaser's standard sporting gun. The request to us was to make the height as close to the add-on rib as we could. The adjustable rib is within 1/16" of the gun he is currently shooting. The cost of the rib shown is $ 1,500.00. I hope that this answers all of the questions and thank you for the comments.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.