1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% Blaser Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Time for another addition of Eye Candy. This is a gun going out today and the owner will not be able to claim it for 15 days and I wanted him to be able to see the finished product. It is an Blaser F3 Sporting gun that we installed a Delrin Add-on rib to allow the shooter a heads up position. It is not as high as the new Super Sport version. The wood is California Claro and it has a beautiful feather, tiger strip and color all rolled into one stock. I hope that the new owner will be hapopy with his purchase. As always thank you for taking a look and thanks to my crew and lovely wife for their fine work.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_030376.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030377.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030378.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_030379.jpg

2. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, thats a great job, I'm sure Kemper will love it.
    Tom

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The wood and workmanship is out standing. The only thing I don't like is it looks like a Trap gun more then a sporter.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Now....THAT'S...a piece of wood! Congratulations, Dennis & Cindy, beautiful job, as always; and thanks for sharing...

Best....Mike P.

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

to kraiza,

The owner wanted to shoot multiple disiplines and the rib was set up to give the desired POI that he wanted to have. The rib height was patterened after the gun we did for Bill McGuire last year. During the fitting the owner did not have a problem bring up the gun from the low mount position but he mostly shoots a pre-mounted gun. Also to us there is no such thing as a trap gun or a sporting gun they are shotguns and it is the fit that is the key to this project. If we were to make it a conventional looking stock modeled sfter a sporter it would have a sloped non-parallel comb and be very small in size. Our goal is function and fit for comfort and performance. Thank you for the comment it helps us when we do our work and I appreciete the feedback. Thank you again.

Dennis DeVault

6. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Great work as alwas, thank you for the preview

Kooz

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Beautiful work, I look forward to having you make me a stock when I upgrade my gun.

8. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

No need to crawl into a sporting gun anymore.
    Beautiful work.
    Saving up for mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.