1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

blaser combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trench12, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Recently purchased a Blaser Luxus combo and would be interested in hearing experiences, likes and dislikes, opinions on workmanship, specific problems, customer service, and just general impressions of the gun. thanx TG

2. Trent

Trent TS Member

I have had mine for a year now (20K+ targets) and the only problem I have had is the front bead fell of of the o/u. Called them and they mailed me another one. I have a friend that did have a problem with his and they sent him a new o/u barrel, he said that he was very pleased with the service. I did have to add an extra weight to the forearm to slow it down a little but that was just personal preference. I think that you will be pleased with your decision.....

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm taking a friend's to the Grand for repairs. Broken ejector and the release trigger by Pat McCarthy is setting to hard. Other than those two problems, he likes the gun and is shooting it well. Roy

4. trench12

trench12 TS Member

you know how I like to share with you and the Hammer

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I have a Super Luxus combo and like the heck out of it. I have had a rust problem with mine, but I am in the Seattle area and it seems like it rained at every shoot I went to until the middle of July. I was drying the gun and wiping it down with Reminton Wipes. This was not a good enough maintanence program.I was having moicture get inside the receiver and did not realize it. I now oil the crap out of it with break free oil, and plan to pull the stock off every so often and drench the inside of the receiver with break free oil not the spray stuff. Other thatn that I am very pleased with my Combo.

Jim Bradbury

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Jim

Check with Blaser in Texas; your rust problem should be covered.

Dave

7. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I have a Super Luxus combo and like the heck out of it. I have had a rust problem with mine, but I am in the Seattle area and it seems like it rained at every shoot I went to until the middle of July. I was drying the gun and wiping it down with Reminton Wipes. This was not a good enough maintanence program.I was having moicture get inside the receiver and did not realize it. I now oil the crap out of it with break free oil, and plan to pull the stock off every so often and drench the inside of the receiver with break free oil not the spray stuff. Other thatn that I am very pleased with my Combo.

Jim Bradbury

8. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Jim

Check with Blaser in Texas; your rust problem should be covered.

Dave

9. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

Should have asked this qustion before the purchase makes no diff know

10. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Just returned from Sparta and a very pleasant experience with the Blaser people. My recently purchased combo had a few workmanship concerns. I called down to Blaser HQ and talked to Gilbert (aka Virgil). He was very cordial and interested in my complaints. He said bring the gun to him at the Grand and all concerns would be addressed. I walked out of the Blaser building a very happy man. All problems were corrected in a timely fashion, all questions were answered, none of that "you will have to send it in." Once again I couldn't have asked for anything better. The Blaser folks were most accommodating and professional. I can't recommend them highly enough! TG

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, let us know when it goes up for sale.

-Gary

12. trench12

trench12 TS Member

ok there GW Would love to hear the logic to go along with the smart comment

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I just find the amazing disloyalty of Blaser owners to be quite comical, that's all.

No offense, I hope you love yours.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.