1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

blaser charges for service now

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

They should charge you nothing. I had an ejector hang up also. Had a firing pin go bad. All were repaired under warranty.

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

warranties only cover defects in materials and workmanship: nothing user inflicted. ask that guy with the blown up krieghoff. but i'm guessing that they can write off warranty expenses and that they plan on writing off 150 bucks on you. send it in. let's see what happens. good luck with it

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I would bet they won't charge you. Unless you have damaged your gun in some way. I don't own a blaser but have several friends that do. I actually took one of their guns to Rich while I was in San Antonio and they were very friendly. They fixed the gun and shipped it out the same day. If would have known they were that quick I would've waited for it. Good luck.
    Jimmy

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Oh my GOD trouble with a Blaser? I thought they were at the top of the heap according to smsnyder. How could such a thing be? Whats next blow ups? LOL

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Funny about gun company warranties...Send a gun to Ruger that got run over by a truck and I bet they fix it for free.

Complain and ask for a supervisor and see if that helps....

Steve

6. overbored

overbored Member

I would contact Dr. Longshot and see if he can mediate a deal for you.

Hugh

7. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I don't know about you guys but shipping a gun back for repairs on warenty work get expensive when it's a $10,000 gun. I think they or any mfg should issue a call tag on there dime. Thanks Ronnie

8. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I've only had warranty work done on one of my firearms, a Sig rifle. Once call to CS and a UPS tag was e-mailed to me 10 minutes later.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did you buy the gun new? That is the obvious question- were you the one that sent the warranty in or someone else?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Bill Grill your funny. Blaser stands behind there guns.

11. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

thank goodness,this takes the headlines off my $ 35 broken perazzi spring !

ernie

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Earl--you haven't had that Blaser very long and already had to have work done? Knock on wood but my Beretta just keeps chug'n along. I have a friend that bought a Blaser the first year out and he loves it. Sad thing is Blaser has had it more than he has. Thats not good. Hope yours turns out better than his.

Matt

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Since when does a manufacturer have to fix your gun free unto perpetude? Out of time ejectors is not the same as a material and workmanship issue.

If you want your favorite gun manufacturer to survive then you need to let them make a few bucks.

14. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Like I've said all along, if you manufacture you're going to have problems, it's the nature of the beast. That said, it's what the manufacturer does when you have problems that counts, do they really have customer care.

Almost all finnished goods have warranty dollars built into their price structure. A warranty is a marketing tool and nothing else, it's to "sell peace of mind" Read your warranty, there's always wiggle room for the factory.

When business slows or costs increase and the bottom line starts to get thin, the quickest way to fatten it up is tighten up the warranty work. i.e charge for what was once free or raise prices. Raising prices especially in these economic times creates buyers resistance, not good for growing sales. But you already own the product the sales been made..... The e-net is real pain for manufacturers, the negatives always pop up first.............

Surfer

15. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Can ONLY comment about personal experience with them within the last 60 days,
    Have 12/20 barrel set High Grade. 12 ga. barrel had a small spot of salts, leach out between barrel and mono-block..contacted them about problem..I shipped the barrel..they repaired and shipped back within 14 days. Great Customer Service.
    Gun barrels were bought New from Blaser Dealer...could be that repairs are not covered on guns and or parts that have been Sold before ?? as in second hand and or USED. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

16. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

We are not talking about a 450.00 dollar gun when you spend 9000.00 ++ they should fix problems for free if you spend the big bucks you should get special service.

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Buy a Mercedes and ask about their free service!!

18. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I guess it depends on what high grade product you buy i own two BMW's and they have never charged me a dime for anything not even oil changes.

19. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Great Cars...as are the guns. I am sure that you are the Orignal buyer. Service fees are for those that Buy...2nd. Hand and or Parts. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Poor and Dirty- you didnt answer- are you the original owner or not?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.