1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser/Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Are Blaser and Caesar Guerini trap guns comparable in quality and performance?

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Nope, Blaser is way ahead. German made quality and more options. Guerini is not a bad gun for the money.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

What he said

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Guerini is a VERY good gun for the money. I own them both.

WNCRob

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I prefer the Caesar Guerini. For about $3000 less I have a great trouble free firearm while my buddy cusses his F3. I always thought I would like to own a F3 until he got his.

As for the much vaunted German engineering the first time your Mercedes Benz (and now Chrysler)goes into "limp home" mode for no reason and leaves you stuck creeping home at 15 mph with the engine revving at 4000rpm or the triggers on your F3 decide to stop working in the middle of a shoot you will be as impressed by it as I am.

--- Chip King ---

6. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

My buddy shoots an F3 and I shoot a CG, neither of us have had any problems.....however mine is $2,000 less expensive.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Don't like either. You will be better off with a Perazzi.

TB

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

A K gun is the only answer here. Kolar that is. All they do is shoot and keep on shooting.

9. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

I have found it only comes down to one thing. The make of you gun. If your a good shot the gun shouldnt matter. A little story for you all. Im a country guy. Live out in the country blue collar job. Went to shoot at a club that was high class lots of doctors, lawyers and such. After i shot my first practice round of trap i sat back and watched the other guys talk and show off there guns. One guy that was on my squad shot a 21. He had a Ceaser, i dont know exactly what kind. One of the other guys shot a 24 on my squad. He owned a Kolar, he went up to the guy who shot a 21 and asked how much he paid for his gun. He replied 6000. The other guy said you didnt spend enough on a trap gun. He said i paid 12,000 for mine and i hit 24. While im sitting on the pourch with my Browning cynergy a guy came up to me and asked what gun i had. i told him and he asked me what i broke with it and i told him my score which was a 24 as well. I let him shoot my gun on the next round and he in fact shot a 25 on that round. He was suprised that you could shoot that good with a cheap gun. I would love to own a Kolar or blazer one day but i dont think it will make me shoot better. I think im already a good shot.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

In 20 plus years, I have never had a gun malfunction with a Beretta, a Stevens, or even a Mossberg pump gun. The break opens are lucky to get the triggers cleaned and re greased every 3 years. Most of the malfunctions I have seen on the line are with high dollar guns that get modified with fancy releases systems, or people trying to get the triggers to feel like a bench rest target rifle. The Caesar Guerini and the Blazer shotguns are both nice and both appear to have good reputations for factory service.

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

JAYZAP.... Can easily change Hammer Springs and firing pins if needed. Its easy. Now I have no idea how either are changed in the referenced guns. More targets are shot each year with a Perazzi that the other two combined.

TB

12. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

TB Could that be because Perazzi has been around decades longer than either Blaser or CG? Additionally, if we're talking about targets broken then Remington 1100's have probably broke more birds than all the Perazzi models combined. Perazzi is a great company but for the dollars is it twice the gun that a CG or Blaser is?....I don't think so.

13. smsnyder

The tolerance on Blaser parts are much closer than any other firearm made.

14. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Closer than a Ljutic? Doubt it. Glenn

15. ink ball

ink ball Member

The tolerances are pretty good on the Blaser. In fact, the barrels are interchangable...no fitting required. Not too many guns can make that claim.

I had a Caesar Guerini...liked it, but traded it for a K80. Really like the K80..even more so than the Guerini, and I thought I'd never part wtih the Kreighoff...then I made the mistake of trying a Blaser demo gun....well...I now own a Blaser. Definitely the best trap gun I've ever owned.

The Guerini is a great gun, but the Blaser is a little better in my opinion. The customer service is top notch from both companies. To be honest, I don't think you can make a bad choice on either one. Both are very good guns.

16. bigben

bigben Active Member

Glenn, I;m looking at my SS Ljutic and my Blaser combo, and the difference is about that of a model A Ford vs a mercedes Benz. Now lets get to the original post, the difference i found between the two guns is very evident if you are picky about having precise triggers, and fitting. German technology abounds. There are tungsten weights for your over/under etc., the unsingle barrel has a threaded rod that has adustable weight that can be made to move the balance point forward and aft The cost difference is in the technology ,manufacturing and machining processes. Try them both and see for yourself. all the best incinerate em!

17. smsnyder

Take peek at the Blaser web site on the net. You may be quite impressed. Check out there face book page.

18. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I had a CG combo and it along with there customer service was second to none. There are 3 of the new Blasers in my area and 2 of them have already been sent back for work. One the rib on the unsingle fell off and the other the weight system in the stock come loose and fell out the back. I would let the Blaser get it's feet wet for a year or so before going there direction.
    Out of the two you mentioned there is know way I would go with the Blaser.

19. smsnyder

They is no way the weight system can fall out the back of the stock. Weight system is screwed onto the main shaft which bolts to the receiver. Futhermore recoil pad is screwed onto the stock. As far as the rib falling off I doubt that. It may have come loose.

20. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

It is easy to be an armchair expert, but you might just ask a very competent gunsmith such as Phillip, Pat, Tom, or Doug and a host of others, as to their opinion (simplicity, ease of repair, parts availability, durability, etc). You might be surprised at their answer especially if they know that you don't own one. The Blaser has not come high on their list of guns that are easy to fix and keep fixed.....merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blaser f3 ou ceasar guerini
blaser f3 super sport vs caesar guerini
blaser or perazzi
blaser vs caesar guerini
blaser vs kolar

caesar guerini vs blaser shotguns

is a caesar guerini as good as a perazzi