1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser-Briley?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yuccaknob, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuccaknob

yuccaknob TS Member

I have been told by a very informed source that the original Blaser concept originated with Jess Briley, but never got off the ground. The excellent triggers in the Blaser are a basic 3200 Remington concept and have one of the fastest locktimes of all. Don

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

That is quite possible. Jesse was toying with his own over/under for a while from what I've been told, but didn't think he could compete with the players in the market at the time (kolar and krieghoff). I believe the main design he was working with was more like the beretta DT-10 (crossbolt lockup), but he may have had others...

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'm not sure who designed the Blazer..but for the life of me can't see a similar design with the 3200.. The 3200 has hammers.. the Blazer has inline strikers.. The Seitz and the Mach 1 are still the leaders..Alferman's fine shotgun is the fastest thing any hammer will ever see.. The Cynergy and the Flodman/Caprinus are right next to the Seitz and Mach 1..as far has lock time..
    I've shot a Blazer..and.. not bad for the money.. Great balance..and with Norbert at the helm.. it can only get better..
    I'd like to get my hands on the new improved model if only for a few boxes..but as of now.. I have only good things to say.. Having said all that.. Briley can manufacture anything he wants.. If he wanted to make a shotgun.. it would have already been out.. He's already got the equipment and knows what to do with it.. A world wide network of dealers..and a good name to go with it..
    All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.