1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

blair reloaders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have for sale one of those old Pacific hydraulic loaders in great working order if anyone's interested. A real Bear of a machine!!

2. mark54

mark54 Member

jcl, I have a 1965 Pacific catalog & that hydraulic press is the "POWERMATIC", model DL-500. $349.50. Shipping weight 170 lbs. A friend of mine had one & it worked great. I can scan the page & send it to you if you are interested. Change the AT in e-mail addy.

Mark54 in Lititz

3. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

And a box of shells was $1.25/box? Vs $349.50 plus shipping? Minimum wage at $1.00/hr?

4. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I have a blue Bair single stage reloader thats just for depriming a few hulls through out the year . I`d hate to get rid of it . Used it for a year before I bought the 366 . Took too long to load a box of shells . The brass bushings fit both machines .

5. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

I believe the story goes this way. In the 50's and early 60's Bob Deitmeyer and Harley Bair were making the reloaders. Bob Deitmeyer developed the reloader and Harley Bair who owned a machine shop on North 48th Street Lincoln Ne. manufactured the reloaded for him. Hense the name DL360 or DL100 (Deitmeyer Loader). They sold them through Western Gun located at 4700 North 56th Street Lincoln NE. Harley Bair changed a few things and market them under the Bair name, (really didn't take off) as most wanted the Deitmeyer loader. They then changed the name to Pacific and sold a ton of the Pacific DL-105 loaders. Most reloader in that ere were a one stage loader until the developement of the DL360 which is the predisior of the 366. Hornady purchased the rights and marketed them under their name even with the Pacific name plate on them, still being manufactured in Lincoln Ne. Eventually they moved the operation to Grand Island NE. and eventually dropped the Pacific name. A lot of the hornady parts will work on all models of the Pacific and DL loaders. My Pacific DL-105 (purchased new in 1970) has made a lot of shells and still is going strong. Recently I purchased a used 366 off of Ebay and with a little WD40 and steel wool and a few new parts (powder and shot bushings and a 8 point starter as it had a 6 point) have it up and running making shells. I have not had any experience with other reloaders but I wouldn't even want to try any other. From comments posted on other threads you won't find a better company to work with. The service and friendly willingness to help you out has continued throughout the years as it was Bob Deitmeyer's desire to provide excellent customer satifaction.
    Dale Z
    Lincoln NE.

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I have a Polar Bair 600. Bought used in 1964. It was on par with the PW back then. In all these years I wouldn't have a clue as to how many reloads have gone through it close to a million I'm sure. It has oil lite bushings that never wear out. Keep it clean and lubed and it seems it will last my life time. Have only replaced a few springs and wad guides all availble now thru Hornady. Bair is tide up in receiver ship by some lawyer. I contacted him years ago after running him down and he would not respond.

Post-2

7. mark54

mark54 Member

Post-2, I have 2 Polar Bair 600's & have had the same results that you had. Great loaders & built like a tank. I would not trade them for any other press. I have one set up for 7/8 oz skeet loads & the other for trap. You can't wear them out.

Mark54 in Lititz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bair bushings
bair reloader 105

bair reloader 1970

blair 600 reloader
blair reloading

blair reloading press

pacific dl 105 reloader parts
polar bair 600 reloader press