1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackberry User Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimx200, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Last night I just bought a new Blackberry 8700g from TMobile thinking this would give me better contact with customers. Guess I'm having buyers remorse as this thing is pretty complicated and totally different than a non PDA phone. I bought it because it has excellent voice call quality and a loud speaker phone. Going through the learning curve and have some doubts about ease of use. Opinions from current users most welcome.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jim, while I don't have one, I can appreciate the "buyer's remorse".

But like everything else that is new, give it some time. In a couple of weeks of playing with it and learning all it can do, you'll probably be wondering why you didn't go to it earlier.

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I looked at the Blackberry a few years ago. Found it too expensive for my needs. Glad i waited. Bought an IPHONE. Extremely pleased. If you have not seen the IPHONE you should consider taking the BB back and getting one...

TB

4. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I've got one and yes there is a learning curve. Stick to it and keep working it. In the long run, you will not regret it. I just bought a Blackberry Pearl for my son and he uses it everyday as well.

It will take a little bit of time but it will be worth it.

John Semprini

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Well after a full days use with this thing, I'm warming up to it some. Call quality is excellent and speakerphone is awesome...had to turn it down some and thats saying a lot due to some of my hearing loss (misspent youth shooting with no ear plugs). I found the maps portion helpful as was as yellowpages.com. Hopefully by next week I'll be up to speed on this thing...if not, give me a regular cell and I can still use my laptop anywhere with my mobile data card. I have solved my worry issue about damage when mt. bike riding or kayaking with the Blackberry..call forward to a spare prepaid inexpensive phone I have.

TBaber: I tried the Iphone and while it was a beautifully designed unit, the device did not have much call volume and speakerphone was pathetic. I am not a fan of the ATT/Cingular network...way too many dropped calls and weak areas here in N. California...your area may be great. And their price of $500. is getting into laptop land. My price on the 8700g Blackberry was $100. to renew a 1 year contract. I like their new Curve too, but was $250. upgrade (a pattern here..I'm thrifty..ok, cheap). The Curve has Wi-FI and can grab any wireless signal...nice.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

TBaby

I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. A little paint and it would be as good as new! Are you interested in buying it? You mean a Blackberry is way too expensive, but your "Oh-So-Cute" IPhone is worth every penny at five times as much? What a crock! You need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid! :)

Quack!

7. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I have been on Crackberry for about 10 months. What a great piece of equipment. I run e-mail when I wake up. I run e-mail during meetings... I run e-mail during dinner... I run e-mail when I go to bed. I run e-mail before I turn the lights out. I am able to get stock quotes anytime... I am able to keep up with what's happening on Trapshooters! My sex life has gone to hell... Since acknowledging my addiction to my Crackberry, my wife has set a simple rule. I can no longer take my Crackberry to bed with me. However, once she's asleep....

I am hooked on Crackberry!

8. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Kolar Chick, The Treo 700p was the biggest piece o' crud Verizon has come out with lately. However it's not the Treo's fault, it's because Verizon cripples the advantages of the G4 technology in the Treo (and in any top of the line pda type unit.) Since Verizon is a CDMA network in the US, the G4 equipment loses alot of it's capability in the switch.

Blackberries are great if all you need is a top line on your email. They are also great for meetings because you can pin to pin communicate with others in a meeting to coordinate strategy. The phone service is not as good especially if you are using AT&T. Verizon has the hands up on the phone service. Blackberries are good for basic performance and if you are in business, it is the best way to go.

If you want something that plays video, music, surf's the web like your laptop, houses every picture you've ever taken, or otherwise eases your boredom when you are sitting at the doctor's office and distracts you in traffic, then the Iphone is the way to go. Iphone's are also not for the pc minded as the software needed to synch it to a pc is scarce, expensive and difficult to navigate.

I used to support 2000+ wireless units at work and my experience is the less complicated something is, the better it is. I think the Iphones are expensive, needy (everything from skins to software to accessories) and useless for work applications.

Remember, the only thing worse than not having the latest, greatest, neat bleeding edge of technology piece of equipment, is having one that doesn't work. Ever seen someone who has been told, it will be a day or so before I can get you a replacement (insert PDA here)?? It's not pretty.

p.s. after working with wireless for 2 years, I only own a cell phone and all it does is call people. Imagine that? lol

Luvn

9. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The service outage on April 17 of this year prompted me to give my Blackberry to an associate and "un-complicate" the way I access the internet while I'm away. The internet itself is not foolproof and I see little reason to invest in more technology that does not improve that reliability.

I'm among those who jump on every new technology that comes along and then tries to find a use for it to justify my purchase. The time I have to invest trying to learn to apply a new technology that does not measurably improve my productivity is time wasted, and much of what is appearing now are technologies in search of uses. I'm finding that I prefer it the other way around.

Morgan

10. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Prince, where did you get your Blackberry 9000? You are aware that they have not even been released yet and probably won't until mid 2008? Me thinks you have a good imagination.

11. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

I'm on my second Blackberry and love it. I have the 8870 worldphone from Verison and talk 4,000 min.a month on it with my Jarba headset. It allows me the freedom of doing my business anywhere. I was in Thailand and Japan and didn't miss a beat with my clients, plus I can get out shoot more.

gary

12. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

This is Thor's Mom. Thor's dad is getting me a Blackberry for Christmas. So, please keep up the thread with your thoughts. I have done some research, and think the Blackberry is the way to go for me. I want to sinc with my work (novell) email and calendar, use remote desktop, and access the internet anywhere.

Anyone have suggestions and/or thoughts?

Thanks,

Cheryl-the mother of Thor the German Shepherd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.