1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLACKBERRY STORM

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ken X, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I have one also. But, you should see the Apple Iphone, that you can only hook up with AT&T. That is REALLY amazing!

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have thought about it- which email do you have that works with it and who is your provider?

Gene

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I just got one; provider is Verizon in Southern California.
    Really like it. Email is pretty much transparent.
    Apple is more popular and perhaps more intuitive, but the Storm is about as good. Many more apps on the Iphone.
    But you have to go with ATT, which we did not want to do.
    Also, Verizon sold me the phone for $99. Still have to do the $30 data package.
    Dave

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have one also...love it. I get my email (att&t) and browse the web. I can search gunbroker.com and pull up trapshooter.com...but, I cannot log on to the discussion threads or read them...qestion for David...how come?

JON

5. Vickie

Vickie Member

Chiefjon, Try using the trapshooters.com webtv version. I have a Storm and love it. It took a while to get used to the touch screen, but you will learn.

Vickie

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Jon:
    Interesting question. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't answer the question.
    I like the storm, tho, but if I was a young buck I probably would have got the IPhone for the games and other applications appropriate for that generation.
    Dave

7. gch

gch Member

Chiefjon, where are located? The BB Storm is not available through AT&T!
    Court in Ohio

8. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

is it true with the storm you can only have two email address? cause i have a blackberry 8330 (also from verizon) but i have two person email accounts on it, my work email account, my blackberry account(never use it but its there), and my military AKO account on it. i was thinking about upgrading to the storm, but if only two accounts are allowed then forget it. does anyone who has one now have problems with it reacting to the touch slowly, all the ones i have looked at in the stores seem to respond really slow?

Thanks
    Kyle D. Atherton

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Curious - I have two cell phone lines with ATT with unlimited weekend and night time hours, 450 per ( dont need any more because the whole family is on ATT so we dont pay for inter ATT calls) phone anytime hrs. I pay about $100+ How much would the Iphone to purchase be if I switched and how much will addding internet add to a bill?

10. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

The Storm is only available from Verizon--for now.

I had one and liked it, but I wanted PALM's calendaring application (I don't use Outlook. So I took the Storm back to Verizon for a trade.

The Storm is a great phone, in many ways better than my Palm CENTRO.

You guys will love it.

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

GCH,
    I am in No. Cal. My phone is thru Verizon. My email is thru AT&T.

Sorry for the confusion.

JON

12. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

My son in law had a storm. I played with it quit a bit, but went with an Iphone. To tell you the truth, I think the Iphone is more old fart friendly. I really like it. We have the 750min from AT&T for $69 plus the $30 tech fee required for every Iphone for the Inet. I just think its great and really easy to learn how to use. My 2cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.