1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Walnut coming down!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by black_wal_nut, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

too bad its on the otherside of the country, or id love to take a crack at it, the problem of course isn't getting there, its getting the tree back, and i don't think american airlines considers logs a carry on. who knows tho....

steven

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Rescue the stump. Could be some very interesting grain.

3. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

like i said if its on the west coast, im always interested. but theres probably guys that do what i do on the east coast as well, guys that would jump on that faster than me. but i love salvage jobs. one time we talked to this old guy about a walnut orchard he had, he said they took all the tops of years and years ago. he leads us to this monstrous blackberry patch, with big lumps in a pattern in it, probably like a 7 acre patch. and of course, under the 3 feet of blackberry bushes were 25 perfectly solid black walnut burls, he felt so bad by the time we were done cutting them out of the bb bushes that he just gave them to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.