1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black unemployment

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tj303, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

How is that 'Hope and Change' working?

From CNN.

"Black unemployment surged to 16.7% in August, its highest level since 1984, while the unemployment rate for whites fell slightly to 8%, the Labor Department reported."

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Maybe your statistics prove that Affirmative Action only works in a good economy.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

After nearly 40 years in the Construction management business, I must confess that I have little faith in "affirmative action". The only minority businesses that make it are the ones that got it thru hard work, smart management, and the DESIRE to succeed.

Just like the Germans, Italians, Irish, Vietnameze, Indian, and other nationalities that came to this country for a better living.

Mandatory requirements to give work to someone who hasn't earned it or isn't competitive doesn't work.

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Setterman for President!

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The unemployment rate in Oregon is 19.6%.

6. pdq

pdq Member

In reading further on this, the rate is even higher with young unskilled black men. So the answer from DC? I expect we'll here POTUS tell us on Thursday that unemployment benefits need to be extended yet once again.

Unskilled young people can only typically find low paying jobs, even in the best of times. How come it is then that I see signs all over the place of "Help Wanted". Why aren't they filling those jobs? Possibly because it's more convenient to collect UBs and do nothing? If so, how does extending those benefits create jobs?

I guess the people in DC are a lot smarter than me on this.

Pete

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Extending unemployment benefits to those who are not willing to work DOES provide jobs!

The only problem is that those jobs are the Legislators that will retain their jobs because of the votes they bought from the unwilling to work but will vote (for their "benefactor") group.

8. Brian in Oregon

pyrdek hits the nail on the head.

The main purpose of entitlements is to buy votes.

In fact, the modern welfare system is legalized slavery. The masters (liberals) keep the slaves (poor voters) in bondage, by failing to improve their lives (incompetent public education system, etc.). The slaves can only produce one product for their master, which is a vote.

They are vote slaves.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We have a young unskilled black man in the White House. Really good vacation benefits, and lots of perks.

Maybe he can help some of the others out.

HM

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Two things ya can't give a brutha, a fat lip and a job.

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

How about a black eye?

12. trapshootin hippie

that too, but i didnt wanna push my luck.

13. AA27JR

AA27JR TS Member

What is the point of this thread? Bigotry And prejudice like this has no place on trapshooters.com !! The fact that Obama is incompetent has NOTHING to do with the fact he's black. Take this trash somewhere else.

Cody Renkoski

14. Brian in Oregon

Please, spare us the lecture. Obama was elected by racists who voted for him based on the color of his skin. You should be criticizing them.

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

geez...some people just can't handle the truth!!

Curt

16. trapshootin hippie

People like 'ole Cody just crack me up. Maybe we are talking about his white half, is that ok, Cody? Or is that racist also?

Just pass on over this thread if ya don't wanna read the truth.

GneJ

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just bought a house in the Villages, construction there is booming, the construction force is mostly hispanic---the need to grow & do better for ones family has some how been over looked in the ethnicity of the black minority. I don't get every minority that has emigrated to the US be it legal or illegal strives to make a buck and have a better future. Maybe if the ghetto kids learned what is was like to live in a real ghetto, a Vietnam hamlet, or really be persecuted--they might get their act together.

The fact that they have criminal history before their 16th birthday has made them unemployable.,seems to be overlooked by the pundits.

Phil Berkowitz

18. Hank55

Hank55 Member

The sad part of the whole story is that educated black mentors like Bill Cosby tried to tell the black youth several years ago to stop feeling sorry for themselves and start fitting into society by staying in school,taking jobs and making something out of their lives. Instead, they would rather listen to people like Al Sharpen who has made his living telling them that they are "victims" and not the problem and that they are not responsible for their actions. I can't blame employers for not wanting to hire someone who's pants ride below their underware and who's hat brim sets on a 90 degree angle on their head. Employers have a reputation to maintain also. Just my observations.

19. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Typically many people take their vacations in the summer months. Because of this, many employers seek to hire temporary workers to fill the gaps the people on vacation leave.

I was taking to our plant manager a while back and he relayed the following information to me that he got from a Manpower temporary agency:

Nation wide, 69% of all people that come to Manpower for temporary employment FAIL the drug screening. Among blacks, it is over 90%.

For those not familiar with how a temporary agency works, if you fail the drug screen, the agency will NOT place you with an employer.

Most employers, whether they use a temp agency or not, require an employee to PASS a drug screen.

Many people who are counted as being un-employed, black or not, are simply, because of their inability to pass a drug screen, unemployable.

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Halfmile,

According to the dictionary, the young, unskilled man in the White House is actually a mulatto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.