1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Trap Shooters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

For some reason, I don't see many black trapshooters. Wish I saw more.Is this just me or have others noticed this? Surely there's some participants on this site who are black. Let us know you are there and a great BIG WELCOME if you are!

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where you been? There are a lot of black shooters around at the places that I shoot.

Ed Yanchok

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

me too.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Not many where I shoot, but a few gentlemen who shoot skeet.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Southern California's Joe Dillard, AAA27AA, is an active tapshooter and likely the first Black trapshooter to have completed a grandslam. "You could look it up" as Casey Stengal said. Or was it Walt Alston???

6. PaleRider1966

PaleRider1966 TS Member

Be careful what you wish for!

7. three dram

three dram TS Member

8. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I think you mean Frank "Wood" (or Various Frank Wood). Glen Lewis is another. But I fail to see why they need to be singled out as "black" trapshooters. And not just great trapshooters? cls

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

When I used to live in Dayton, Oh, there was a mostly-black trap club on the Southwest side...I forget the name? I was only about 8 or 10 at the time, and hadn't graduated past a Daisy BB gun, but I remember those guys sure looked like they were having an awful good time & that, plus Vandalia, was what sparked my interest in Trapshooting. This was back when there were 5 GM plants operating full-tilt in the City, and there were plant teams that shot in the DIAA industrial league - it was a pretty big deal. Some good shooters came out of that "farm system" over the years.

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

How dare you, next you will want to know if they are citizens EVEN worse you might start checking IDs for proper firearm permitting. No really, there are black memebers in our club shooting trap. There is a lack of younger shooters joining up, period.

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Back when you needed sponsers to get into the ATA, I believe that the first black trapshooter to shoot ATA registered targets was a Dr. Whitworth (spelling?) and he was sponsered by Alex Freeman of NJ. If I'm not mistaken, he shot a Parker single barrel trap gun and was a helluva shooter.

Ed Yanchok

This was around 1960

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks Chuck(CLS). You read my mind!

Jeff

13. LearPilot

LearPilot TS Member

The last year of the Grand at Vandalia, there was a black gentleman that came in third (handicap)the second last day

14. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I saw a white gentleman shooting trap once, but he didn't last long.

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Now why do I get the feeling that Hipshot's motives are not so clean? Same time every year, and the thread degenerates. I would have not responded, except that the readership should be aware of the types of fishing expeditions that drive good people away from ts.com.

Subject: Black Trapshooters
    Email:
    Date: Fri, Dec 09, 2005 - 01:28 PM CT
    Website Address:

Over the years, and just about everywhere I go, I note a general absence of Black Trapshooters! Maybe some of you have noticed this also! I wonder WHY this is so, and wish that it were not! I would very much like to see more Black Shooters in the clubs I go to. What has been your experience? What are the reasons for this? How can we get more Black shooters involved? Your thoughts? Thanks!.........Shoot Well!

16. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

So Hipshot 3 is Ace reincarnated. What a shock.

Say, which "good people" have been driven away? I haven't noticed any missing.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Curvy,

Chill out. It's not the best topic ever, but it's not that nefarious, either. There just may be an aspect to the sport that people are unaware of, so give 'em a chance.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

My thanks to those who have responded. As I said, I would like to shoot with and see many more black shooters. I have no other motives for asking these questions.......in fact, I would do anything I could to promote more black shooters in our great game! There was NO intention to single anyone out, but, as I said, I have noted a much smaller number of black shooters and that concerns me. My sincere hope is that black shooters are not being made to feel unwelcome at some clubs! If they are, then we ALL need to see to it that this is changed as soon as we become aware of such attitudes! You know your own club.....take action to correct any injustices that may exist now concerning this!

19. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

So Lagarto, it would seem that you can give no examples. Not surprising. People leave because they are bored with the site- it happens. Unlike you and I, some people actually have a life. LMAO

20. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i personally would like to see more shooters period i don't care what color, sex, or religion they are. sorry to bring sex into this but thats just the way i feel. jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

african american trapshooters

african-american trap shooters

black trap shooters

negro trap shooters