1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Talons for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by perazzitmxshooter, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitmxshooter

perazzitmxshooter Member

0   0   0

I have 45acp, 10mm, 40 S&W Black Talons all in orginal boxes 20 count each for sale. If interested please contact me at birbitt@aol.com

2. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

0   0   0

How much for the 45 ACP Black Talon?? Also Shipping per box?

Thanks

David

3. perazzitmxshooter

perazzitmxshooter Member

0   0   0

50.00 per box plus 10.00 shipping to lower 48 states.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

WOW, 3 bucks a bullet. Does that price include a reach around??

Jim

5. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

Now that was funny.

6. Lyle

Lyle Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had to admit I am laughing out loud at that one.

7. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

Wow, just saw a 20rd box on Gunbroker bid up to $62.00 plus shipping!

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

0   0   0

What are 9mm Black Talons selling for??

Allen

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

0   0   0

Used a black tallon in 44mag while deer hunting. Dont under stand why, but hit deer just behind shoulder blade, made 1/2" hole going in and 1/2" hole comming out. Had to track that thing a ways, I'll just stick to hollow-points from now on. That self defense ammo just didn't do much for me

Bob

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Bob,

I believe Talons are made for hunting thinner skinned animals.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If it doesn't open up on a deer......

My experience with 44 mag on deer is that no bullet I've used really expands out of a revolver. I used Sierra JHCs and the exit hole was similar to the entrance.

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

0   0   0

Wasn't the black tallon designed to penetrate kevlar vests, etc and that is why they were taken off the market for other than law enforcement?

13. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

0   0   0

No on the vest, they were jacketed hollow points, the jacket peeled back with really nice hooks or barbs...great idea, just bad name and oversell, and then when they went off the market, the mystique took over...Grubby

14. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

They got labeled as "Cop Killers" some years ago by the media and were forced to be taken off the market.

15. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

0   0   0

They didn't quit making them. Just changed the name. See above.

16. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

0   0   0

The story I heard about Black Talons being removed from the market was that the American Medical Association complained loudly about them. Apparently they are so sharp that the E.R. docs were getting cut through their gloves while attempting to remove the shrapnel from wounds caused by Black Talon ammo.

17. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

Mash on the link for the complete article. Jim

The Black Talon bullet is a jacketed hollow-point bullet with perforations designed to expand sharp edges upon impact.[1] The bullet included a Lubalox (a proprietary oxide process,[2] though widely misreported to be Teflon, molybdenum disulfide, or wax) coating, giving it an unusual black appearance compared to copper-jacketed or lead bullets. The Lubalox coating was to protect the barrel rifling, and did not give the bullet armor-piercing capabilities. This coating in fact is still widely used on many of Winchester's rifle bullets today.[3] The bullet also had a unique appearance with a star shaped perforation on the black tip, giving it the nickname Starpoint.

The bullet was designed in 1991 under the supervision of Alan Corzine, who at that time was VP of research and development for Winchester.[4] The round became well known amongst shooters, law enforcement, and dealers as a very effective bullet. Col Leonard J. Supenski of the Baltimore County police department said "It has the stopping power that police officers need and it is less likely to ricochet or go through the bad guy."[1]

18. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

0   0   0

At $50 per box I can probably scratch up a few boxes. The winchester rangers are almost identical except the color. If I'm not mistaken the same guy who developed the talon also came up with the golden sabre. Not sure.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Anyone remeber BAT's ?- blitz action trauma rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
10mm black talons for sale
black talon cop killers for sale
black talon for sale
black talons 9 mm bullets for sale

black talons for sale

cop killers black tallins