1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Strap Rum ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ljutic111, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Wife bought me a bottle of Cruzan Black Strap Rum for Xmas and I can`t stand the taste . Anyone drink this rot gut and what else can I do with it . I will try any mixes that make it taste better .

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Just mix it with some Champipple, ya Silly.

-Gary

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Find some pursers painkiller mix and use it with that. painkillers usually 4 parts pineapple 1 part orange juice 1 part coconut creme and rum to suit your taste. Mix will hide the taste of the rum. used to be cruzan was the cheapest stuff sold in the islands (1965 ish) about 1.00$ per quart. That was before it became a tourist trap at st Thomas.

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I tried mixing it in a Margaretta but that tasted bad too . My wife couldn`t find this around here so she had it shipped Fed ex across the country from Washington State to NJ where her friend says they can`t keep it in stock as people are buying it by the case . Must be some hard up low lifes there if thats what they want for a drink or maybe I`m missing something .

5. cp

cp TS Member

It is good for a hang over.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Not worth the trouble or the taste . May end up as a marinade or simply dump it down the drain . My wifes friend said she was sorry for suggesting it to her for me ?? But as she says , they like it out in Washington State ?? Any other suggestions for making a drink ?? I usually drink Whiskey and Bacardi Gold mixed together but I don`t want to spoil the whiskey with this .

7. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Sailor Jerry's with a little coke or pepsi is good !!!

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Haven't heard the word "Champipple" for a long time. 1/2 cheap champaign and 1/2 Ripple. Yum.

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

If you are going to drink rum drink Myers,and Coke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.