1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday went smooth for me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by reddbudd, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I thought I would give Black Friday a try for the first time in my life.
    I wanted to check out Walmart and Dick's for some ammo. Iwasn't about to get crazy about it so I left my house at 8:15 am figuring that if I got there and the parking lots were too full all I would be out is a couple gallons of gas.
    I drove about four miles to the Walmart in the mall outside of Kittanning, Pa.
    It was fairly busy but I saw a man go in the door by the garden center and that
    corner of the lot was nearly empty. So I parked and went in there and right around thecorner to sporting goods. There was a long line of people waiting to buy their hunting license. Nothing like waiting to the last minute since Monday
    is opening day of deer season. I walked up to the rack of shotgun shells and loaded my cart with ten four packs of Federals and ten of Winchesters. I checked at the garden center and was back at my car in a total of less than ten minutes. I then drove to Dick's in Pittsburgh Mills and thought I'd check and see if they had any 2 3/4 dram Gun Clubs because all Walmart had were 3 drams.
    Went straight back to the ammo and took six cases which was all they had in 2 3/4 dram. Total time in Dick's about 15 minutes. Might have to try this every year.
    Bud Edwards

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

My wife went to WM this morning about 9 and said it was nearly deserted. It seems that all the Black Friday BS is over long before that.

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Did good at Menards this am.

Bought a Canon 23 gun safe for $399.00. My other safe was full, so it was either sell a few guns or buy more safe space. For $399.00 I couldn't go wrong.

In and out with a full cart in less than half hour.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I stayed home and cleaned guns.

5. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Still plenty of $18 100 packs at my local Walmarts!

Oscar

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I went to the Club, shot Trap and Pistol. Lunch was supplied by friends at the Club. Left it better than I found it, left with more brass than I brought.

Smooth sailing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.