1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday at Dick's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

Black Friday at Dick

Well, another gottcha by Dick's. All ammo on sale (buy one, 50% off second). Maximum of 6 boxes. BIG DEAL!! Not only is this no big deal BUT sale ended at 2 PM. They've had better sales in the past and it is insulting to make a big deal over this on Black Friday!!

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Yep, they got me too. I saw the flyer on line and could not make out the fine print. I drove in to town this evening to buy one of the $349 (after rebate) Remington 700 Varmint rifles, only to find out the "Door buster sale" ended at 2 PM. They still had a bunch of them on the rack, but no sale at $509.

They did not have the $179 Ruger 10/22 or the $899 Bushmaster Carbon 15 .223/.22 rim-fire combos. They were supposed to be available in the 2 day sale Friday and Saturday.

Michael

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They crowd the envelope with their bait and switch tactics. I still have a rian check they can't seem to honor and it's a year old.

HM

4. joehunter

joehunter Member

They had top guns for $4.50 a box after the half out on the second box. This was the best deal they had.

Joey

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"They did not have the $179 Ruger 10/22 or the $899 Bushmaster Carbon 15 .223/.22 rim-fire combos."

If you were actually looking for a Carbon 15, they did you a favor. If you want an AR, stick with aluminum, any aluminum.

Bob Falfa

6. Franktri

Franktri Member

I only wish someone can dabble through the legality of all this and get them for false advertising or something!!

7. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

My ad had the special hours on the front page. The ad did state limit 6 total boxes per customer.

I was able to get the Troy carbine pre-ordered on Tuesday for the black Friday price of $799

Tim
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shaggist

shaggist Member

I went to Dick's to buy target ammo Friday night at midnight. When I arrived at the check-out counter with 30 boxes, I was informed that the limit was 6/customer/transaction, so it would take a little longer to make 5 separate sales. They were very nice and helpful, and accepted my Dick's coupon and a $20 Winchester coupon for the ammo. The total cost was $121.93 with coupons, which worked out to $4.06/box. It was well worth staying up until 12 midnight to make the purchase.
    Jack

9. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Bob,

I wasn't actually going to buy a Carbon 15, I was just going to kick the tires a bit. :)

There are so many Companies making AR15's these days, it gets kind of confusing. I would be perfectly happy with an civilian version of the M116A1 I carried in the Marines except I cant see the iron sights anymore. I am leaning towards the $600 DPMS Oracle that Walmart sells. It is a flat top and I am going to use a scope, so why pay for the iron sights?

I would have bought one of the Rugers if they had one though.

Michael

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

In the past couple weeks Dick's has had Winchester Super Targets at $5.48,
    Federal Top Gun at $5.18 and Remington Gun Clubs at $ 5.48. That's not including the Black Friday sale - and they have stores all over.

Yeh, let's sue them!

11. Chris Dunlap

Chris Dunlap TS Member

The Dick's here in Columbus, Ga has the Top Guns on sale at $5.18 per box about every other week. If you buy a whole flat they will give you an additional 10% case discount. Works out to $4.46 per box before taxes. I pick up two flats every time.

12. Straight50

Straight50 Member

They had the 2 3/4 dram Top Guns and Gun Clubs today for 5.99 per box. Limit two flats, buy one/50% off the other one. 3 dram loads where 6.99 per box, same deal with buy one/50% off the second one. Last week the 1145fps Gun Clubs and Top Guns where $5.48 per box, limit two flats and you could use the $10.00 coupon if the sale was over $100.
    The thing about Dicks is that you just have to make the trip by there once a week or so to keep up on the discounts and specials. Seldom have any specials on AA's or STS's though at our local store.

13. Franktri

Franktri Member

Just when you're about to go ballistic about their sales (6 box limit with 50 pct off 2nd box), Saturday brought a good sale on Gun Clubs at $5.48 with no limits!! AND they had 'em in stock!!

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I hate Dicks.

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dicks......what a joke.

Their ammo deals are NO deal. Either has a limit or they're out of stock.

Bait & switch.

16. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Lesbians are shopping at Gander Mountain this Holiday season.... They don't like Dick's either!!!!!

17. Franktri

Franktri Member

Special to 2500 HD: Right on!! You made me smile today!!

18. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

2500 HD Thanks for the laugh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.