1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Diamond Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stu mackay, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

Gsood morning, Has anyone had experience using Black Diamond shot for reloading? Shot was delivered in Boise to boise gun club.

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

The company had been out of business for a couple of years. It has been bought by new people. You now have different makers then before. Here in Utah people have been shooting it for the last couple of months and liking the results. I have looked at some (but not shoot it) and believe it could be rounder. Some one has done a test on its hardness and believes it is very hard. Bruce

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Black Diamond at one time was an excellent choice for shot, but at the end, it was terrible... square with shop edges, broken halves, etc. We opened a bag at Phillip's and it was all just pieces... the whole shipment was sent back. So I hope that the new owners restore the shot making to what built the company... well rounded, hard, and polished shot. Right now, the BEST NEW shot on the market is West Coast and they appear to be in full production. Fred.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

By the time Black Diamond was on its third owner, quality was beginning to suffer. Then they got OSHA on their tail who filed several liens based on some worker's blood tests. I flew out to evaluate the company and took many pictures. The equipment was tired and abused. They offered to sell it to me several times, during liens, and after liens were removed. It was quite a learning experience. IMHO Omaha

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Black Diamond shot was the best looking shot I had seen in a long time and that was 7 years ago, had not bought any since then.Bought it at the Grand then.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Dr.Longshot , I still have a few bags of Black Diamond from about 5yrs ago. It is not for shooting though, it's just for looking at.

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

jim stewarts black ruby max

8. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

As an update, I've been loading their shoot now for a while. I am pleased with its roundness and keeping buying more. Bruce

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

get some out to the east cost, im tired of this puru stuff,,,,,,

10. Black Diamond Shot South

Black Diamond Shot South TS Member

For anyone wanting Black Diamond Shot in the Nevada, Arizona, So. California area I am the new distributor. I will be placing an order in the next few weeks to get a stock pile here in Las Vegas. If you need shot let me know and we'll figure a way to get it too you.

You can email me at: blackdiamondshotsouth@gmail.com or call me at: seven-zero-two 266-7322.

mclellan1911- if you need some shot let me know and i will get some shipped to you. Whatever shipping costs me is what you would pay, send me an email or call me and we can discuss your needs.

Thanks for the interest in Black Diamond Shot
    James Gregory
    Black Diamond Shot
    Southwest Distributor

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

black diamond lead shot

black diamond lead shot utah

black diamond shot