1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Black comb washer source?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Howdy gents...

Some of the guys at our club have black comb washers in sets that have different sized washers all the way down to 1/32 inch. I have a bunch of washers from hardware stores...but they don't have much selection in the way of thickness.

I have looked at Kiner, Devault, Rod's Custom Stocks ( can't remember where the guys said they got theirs I..I thought they said Rod's, but no luck there, on the net anyway, and I haven't found anything but the different colored ones anywhere...which I think look pretty cheezy (no offense to those who like them...but my cheap guns look cheezy enough without any help..lol!) Like Dolly Parton said ...It takes a lot of money to look this cheap..heh heh!

Anyway ..does anyone know where to get Black comb washer sets with graduated thickness washers...?

Thanks...Stan

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Well, you can always buy a piece of PVC tubing, cut two sections to the length you keep your comb at for 16 yards and paint them black. Then add off-color spacers for handicap and you'll always know at a glance where your comb is set.

averaged_2008_0303436.jpg

Ed

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Any chance the "cheesy" ones would accept a multi-coat "paint job" from a black magic marker? The only part that'll show is the edge. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

4. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

Mark Deprez -
    5709 Turkey Hill Road -
    Conesus, NY 14435 -
    (585) 346-2425 -
    deprez.mark@gmail.com -
    www.mdstocks.com

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I buy them at True Value, Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware in many different sizes, thicknesses and even colors (black, white, red, blue, brown, and dark gray) ... They are so cheap its almost rediculous ... They will even make the holes in them bigger for you if you can't find the right size hole ... I have an assorment of them from 1/32 to 1/4 inch, 7/8 in diameter in black and the whole bag was less than $5.00 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Got mine @ Ace hardware. They have black in 1/16 and clear in 1/32.

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

If someone is in need of an all black set of washers just call me at the shop. I do not offer them any longer but still make them for the folks that want the single color. They come in all the sizes as the color coaded washers and the cost is the same per pack. The shop number is 330-456-6070.

Dennis DeVault

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The DeVault spacers are the best.

Guy B.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Rubber 1/16" washers with a 3/8" ID from the hardware store work for me. I just bought a stack of them, and they work fine.

10. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

Stan,
    We stock them in Black also, the same sizes that are on the internet at www.rodscustomstocks.com. Just call 419-347-6403 and ask for Theresa. The price for the Black ones are the same as the colored ones at 22.00 per pack.

Rod.....

11. StansCustoms

Allrightey then..

Two sources...Great!

Thanks Dennis and Rod...

I will order some.

Best regards....Stan

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have tried just about all of the spacers over the many years and so far I find they all do the same thing, the only difference is the amount you pay for them ... I have several bags of assorted washers in different colors and thickness's for $21.00 per bag, same ones I used to sell for $9.95 but they were not as good as these are ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

A little black electrical tape , trim ........

14. StansCustoms

Left message for Dennis...turns out Rod's didn't have them after all.

I need a set of black comb washers for the "Graco drop in replacement" of the Browning XT comb hardware.

Thanks..Stan

15. hydeal

hydeal Member

Hi Stan,

Below are the shims I provide with my HPI Recoil System when installed on a clients stock. They are $6.95 plus 55 cents for stamp & envelope per set. I prefer to use a smaller OD shim and black as well. These will work on 10mm posts also by slicing the side of the shim with a razor blad. Let me know if I can help you out Stan.

Scott
    hydeal_2008_030323.jpg

16. StansCustoms

Thanks...

I don't guess you know the diameter of the Graco comb post do you? My gun is not at this location.

I need two sets if they will work will work.

Hmmm..Maybe the Graco site will tell me the post specs..

Thanks...Stan

17. StansCustoms

I just called Graco...the post diameters are 5/16"...do you have any that size?

Thanks...Stan

18. BENCHREST

BENCHREST Member Supporting Vendor

Stan; I don't have black washers, but I do have them in the size that you need. Give me a call if you can't find the color you are looking for..Joe

19. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Got a call from Stan this morning and the washers for the graycoil hardware wil be sent out on Monday (7)sizes all in black. Thank you Stan for the order.

Dennis DeVault

20. StansCustoms

....and "Thank You Dennis" for the special effort in making the offbeat size I need.

Best regards...Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.