1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLACK AA 410 HULLS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by peddler, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peddler

peddler Member

I am having difficulty loading Winchester black AA 410 hulls. I have used a variety of different powders all in the 12 grain area. I have used Winchester, Remington, Clay buster and the new HS wad. No matter what I do, with pressure or with no pressure the shot is close enough to the top of the hull that when you crimp the shell closed the shot keeps the crimp from closing correctly. I feel it is a wad problem. Any ideas? Is anyone still loading some of these old Winchester black AA 410 hulls. If so what wad and powder are you using?

Thanks

Jon

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You are correct about using the wrong wad. I use the orange PC with the old AA hulls with good success. Ron

3. peddler

peddler Member

Ron

Can you still get the orange PC wad? thanks for the information

Jon

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Yes. They are now made by Downrange. Ron

5. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Welcome to the trails and tribulations of loading 410'S -- I agree with the orange Wads -- make sure you have enough Pressure to get the wad fully into the hull -- when you stroke the handle down make sure you are bottomed out and hold it down for a second or two -- also go with the Powder with the least amount of Volume -- every bit of space you can come up with in that little hull is needed as you well know -- don't be in a hurry with these little demons -- take your time -- but one thing about it they are sure fun to shoot -- Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.