1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bit of seitz history

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by truxx, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truxx

truxx TS Member

OK OK I have been severly chastised for deleting my post so here it is, a bit of mundane stuff about Tom Sietz

I first met Tom in Bend Or at a PITA shoot, I think it was probably my first registered shoot. Tom was there with his proto type and his first production model,which was being delivered to his first customer.Tom was a very nice man and didn't mind answering new shooters (me) questions.He said I could order one of his guns for $1800 but there were some folks ahead of me.Had I known what I know now,I probably could have robbed a bank or sold my first born.I had a model 12 trap ($275)and was reloading used wads at the time.
    OH well, I'm sure a lot of us have been there at one time!

2. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas TS Member

Your comment about used wads reminded me of when I first started shooting and I thought you would enjoy the following.

I had heard about using once fired wads and since I lived in Vandalia at the time I decided to go to the ATA location and get some wads since the Grand had just completed the competition.

I went to the ATA office and was greeted by Hugh McKinley, the boss at that time. I asked Mr. McKinley if I could go in front of the traps and pick up some wads. Hugh just smiled at me and said "on one condition"..you have to pick them all up...Thank goodness he was smiling or I would have still been there today.

Before I left Hugh took me to the maintenance building and gave me a clay target box full of new AA hulls with the comment, " you'll need these also young man...no change just load them and shoot them.

DFave Thomas

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have loaded alot of used wads years ago . I remember well the washing drying and picking out the crap . The good old days and round of practice was $1.25 .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.