1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIRDS THROWN @ CGESC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I thought this thread might lead to some interesting discussion.
    Our club has 13 traps,we use 4 for practice. we have 2 skeet fields
    2 5 stand and a 10 station sporting clays course that just opened in
    the last 8 months. We are open 2 days a week. So we are not a big club.
    I ran a report yesterday to see how each venue was doing, I am curious how other clubs numbers look. YTD numbers

Trap 1254 rounds average 52 rounds per day open
    Skeet 1306 rounds average 54 rounds per day open
    S/C 281 rounds average 12 rounds per day open
    Total birds
    Trap 31,350
    Skeet 32,150
    S/C 28,100

I dont have complete figures for 5 stand yet. March was 30 rounds per day.

I was more than suprised at the balance.

Hope you all find this interesting,I look forward to the response.

Dennis
    CGESC

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We are a small private 5 trap club. We shoot trap and 5 stand. We are open Wednesdays and 1st and 3rd Sundays. Our fiscal year starts in September, so that is how I keep records. We normally shoot about 100 combined rounds on a day that we are open. Since 9/1/09 we have shot:
    Trap Practice 1459 rounds,
    5 Stand 880 rounds,
    Games 167 rounds,
    Winter Trap League 918 rounds,
    4H Trap 79 rounds,
    PITA Tournament 640 rounds.

Mark (Oregunner)
    Roseburg Rod and Gun Club
    Oregon

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A teensy bit of background: Just what caused Dennis to look at these numbers? During the last several months, there has been a specious effort by a number of shooters in the area to downgrade participation and handling of the club at Cottage Grove-Eugene Sportsmen. The folks spreading rumors of the club's exaggerated demise have done some harm. But, at the same time, the club has opened or continued 4 separate venues of clay target/shotgun games and, in fact, done remarkable things in what can only be considered progress. For example, a short 3 years ago the club had only some 77 members at the peak of the year while in 2009 it peaked at just short of 300 members. 2010 appears to increasing membership again. I know that Dennis did the basic research on attendance at the 4 venues and was quite surprised at the near equal participation in the Trap and Skeet rounds and birds thrown. I would expect when the 5 Stand numbers are posted, they will be less than Skeet but more than Sporting rounds.

For all of you in the Oregon and N. California areas, please don't be swayed by the rumors and bad press that seems to be aimed at this club. Come see for yourself if the club isn't humming with folks keeping the rounds shot and birds thrown numbers far better than before, certainly in the last 12 years during my life in Oregon.

If there is one troubling area related to the club it is the lack of support from the registered Trap community and most of that even seems to relate to the spreading of deceitful and ambiguous rumors from a few. This situation alone could find this and other clubs throwing more non-registered trap games in the way of leagues, games, iron man shoots, and various club shoots. All of these non-registered shoots are very well attended and contribute quite well in membership gains. Respectfully submitted; Bob Dodd, Life member ATA/CGSTA/CSTA/ PITA/NRA and annual member of NSCA.

4. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Having only been a member of CGESC for a few years , I've seen alot of improvement and hard work done by it's volunteers , a fun and friendly place to shoot . Jay

5. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Thank you all that responded.The 5 stand came in at 18000 targets. Thats an average of 30 rounds per day open.

6. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Dennis, is the PITA shoot this weekend, is it only Saturday, or will there be registered targets on Sunday? Thanks David

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

David, it's scheduled for Saturday only. I can't answer why. See the calendar on the web page for the club; mash on the URL above......Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.