1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Birchwood-Casey Sheath?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I've used plenty of WD-40 to wipe-down guns I use regularly, but I use Birchwood-Casey Sheath for those going into the safe that won't be used for awhile, e.g. end of season hunting guns.

I can't find it for sale. I see Birchwood-Casey Barricade, but no Sheath. What's going on?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Same thing, just a name change. I even use it for guns I use all the time. Best thing since they invented bubble gum.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Actually Sheath is still available, via their industrial website. Don't know why they changed the name of the firearms version.

Sheath for firearms is now called Barricade.

Aside from the bottle, can or spray version, they also have a package of 25 impregnated wipes that are really handy to keep in a vehicle. I carry them during the rainy season to wipe the gun down with.

Compared to WD-40, Barricade nee Sheath doesn't leave a gummy film. And it displaces water better than Break-Free. I still use break-Free for cleaning and lubrication, though. I do not like WD-40 for firearms.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><i>"Don't know why they changed the name of the firearms version."</I></blockquote>According to their marketing VP, B-C changed the name of the consumer product to <UL><li>differentiate it from the industrial product relative to container sizes and<LI>to give it a more "modern and up-to-date" name that would appeal to younger buyers</UL>

No kidding... that's what he told me.

MK

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

According to their respective MSDS's Barricade and Stealth are not exactly the same.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "According to their respective MSDS's Barricade and Stealth are not exactly the same."

I wonder if there are differences that would require different levels of hazmat handling? Doesn't take much. That makes more sense than the "hip" marketing which might be a cover ploy.

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Although the incredients do not seem exactly the same per the material sheets, they seem to be very similar in the main and I did not really noticed a difference when having to go to Barricade when my Sheath ran out.

Still seems to work well.

But I REALLY like Rusteprofe.

http://prostores3.carrierzone.com/servlet/rusteprufe_com/Categories

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just an FYI...a thin coat of liquid AeroWax is basically the same stuff per a buddy that works in a oil analysis lab for BP-Castrol...and you can get Aerowax very cheap in any good supermarket

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barricade wipes vs wd40

is birchwood sheath the same as wd 40