1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Birchwood-Casey gun scrubber-yea or nay

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by YOTESLAYER, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I love the stuff, its worth the cost in time savings for me.... Atleast I tell myself it is!!!

2. nglitz

nglitz Active Member

Brake cleaner spray from the car parts store. Identical stuff except for the price. $3 or $4 vs. the $10 for gun scrubber. Just be sure to get the solvent-based stuff vs. the 'environmentally safe" detergent based spray. Nor the carburetor cleaner, that's another animal altogether.

Norm

3. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

There 2 types of brake cleaner available. One type is non-chlorinated and doesn't work very well, but that's the only kind legal here in NJ. In other places you can still get the chlorinated stuff, works much better.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Not all Brake cleaner is the same as GS .....Beware! There is also a carpet spot cleaner that is the same too .... for about $4. I don't buy GS anymore since I found the carpet stuff.

5. bevolt

bevolt Member

Scary story: I splashed 1 drop of that stuff in my shooting eye last Saturday while cleaning my gun. Two hours later at the gun club I realized that I could not see clearly out of that eye when I tried to shoot a round of trap. My vision did not return to normal for several days. I will use eye protection in the future. Perhaps the can should have a big warning label since they way it is used there is a high probability it will splash back in your face.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

RGS. Click the link. Nick will be more than happy to ship you some. It is some "Really Good Sh.."! He even referenced it last night at our league, team meeting.

It is worth the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.