1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Binoculars Swarovski 10 X50 Wide Almost new

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

friend has these and he is tired of bird watching. Actually used them to watch the missed clays that he was shooting. He tells me they are like brand new. About 1 year old but he actually watched birds out the back yard. He has the case, all the paperwork, original box, carry strap and a window mount to attach them to the inside of the house window. $1500 SHIPPED TO YOU. Buy them and if you don't like them three day inspection will apply you pay postage. MotorDOC. I listed a web site I found for the purpose of information and price comparsion.

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

Are these the SLC model or the EL model?

3. motordoctor

not being a dumbass myself---I'M NOT SURE. That is why I DON'T OWN THEM and probably why the fellow is selling them. Guess they are like the new machines at the airport that let you see through clothing and tress and other immobile objects. Guess some people have a reason to own anything like what is the difference between a seitz or bowen and an 1100. Motordoc

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

You will be astonshed at what those binoculars look liek when you look through a pair. They are unbelievably clear!

I don't own a pair, due to the cost but rather have some Nikon's that are pretty nice. I'm done with buying cheapo optics.

Tim

5. motordoctor

6. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

As X2fan said, you will be astonished at what a difference top-quality binoculars can make. Most of us look through our binocs way more than we do our rifle scopes, and the increased clarity, sharper focus and lack of distortion will be really apparent if you spend an hour with a cheaper set and an hour with something like these Swarovski's. It's a lot of money, but if you use binoculars a lot, your eyes will thank you.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Motordoc, I went deer hunting with a friend who had a $1000 pair of Swarovski binoculars.<br>
    <br>
    There is a huge difference in sharpness, clarity, contrast, light transmission and true color rendition.<br>
    <br>
    With a cheap pair of binoculars, you know you're looking through a binocular.<br>
    <br>
    With the Swarovski, it was as if your eye was right there.<br>
    <br>
    I can't afford to blow $1000 on a set of binoculars. But someone who demands the best, perhaps a professional guide, could well justify the cost based on the performance increase.<br>
    <br>
    BTW, there's a funny story about how my friend got this set of binoculars.<br>
    <br>
    He went into a sporting goods store, the kind that all the locals hang around at. He said, "I want to buy your best set of binoculars", thinking they'd be around $400 to $500. The clerk brought them out, he said ring them up, all while the regulars were saying "There's a man who wants the best" and so on. He about crapped when a grand got rung up. He was too embarassed to back down, so he wrote the check on his personal company account and walked out with them. Ironically, he treats them like a $75 pair of binoculars. They sit on the floor of his pickup. They're just another tool to him.

8. motordoctor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.