1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

billdawnshot,chambermates,patern,downrangewad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had a a little time to do some patterning. 30"XT lower barrel. Browning factory flush InvPlus full choke. Briley Spectrum Exstended IM. 12 to 20 gauge chambermate. @30 yards. front sight on green dot.

#1. billdawn homemade shot,12ga 1oz 7.5 downrange TGT12 replacement. 17g CLAYS rem209 STS hull Full choke.

#2. Same as #1 but with IM choke.

#3. Chambermate installed in lower barrel. Remington ShurShot 20g 1oz 7.5 with Briley IM choke.

#4. Same as #3. but with full choke installed.

I shot 5 rounds of each, useing the hood of my truck as a bench. Results from #1,#2 where consistant with past results with these chokes when I patterned my gun and adjusted POI. When patterning the chambermate I was shocked how the full choke completly blew the pattern apart. This was consistant results with all 5 shots. Used Mec reloader web sight for aprox pellet count 1oz 345 pellets
    #1 80% #2 84% #3 83% #4 58%. The pellet count was about the same for the rest of the shots within about 5% these being the highest of the test shots. Show a little of why throwing some lead on the paper may help some.
    <center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center>I did not have it in me to photo and post all pics, the pellet counting really took away any intrest in doing that.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Wanted, briley spectrum choke tubes. LF nad M

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

4. mecman

mecman TS Member

Mac,

If you know anyone with Wrights choke tubes see if you can try them I think you'll be very impressed. just my 2 cents

Gary

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.