1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Young of WVA passed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

My friend and fine shooter Bill Young of West Virginia passed away early this morning. I will miss him very much. His wife passed away 30 days ago.

Pat Ireland

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- Thank you, but trapshooting, not just me, lost a good friend. Bill was a Delegate for many years and the first West VA shooter to make the 27 yard line.

Pat Ireland

3. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

Those who knew Bill knew what a great fellow he was, those who didn't know him missed out Don Cain

4. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy goes out to family and friends of Bill Young and the tragic loss of his wife just 30 days ago. Some situations only God understands.

Janet - Ohio

5. TF

TF Active Member

A great loss for trapshooting and for shooters. I first shot with Bill in 1964 when I was 11 years old and he has remained a friend since. Always someone I've looked up to both as a boy and as an adult. Just a sad, sad day. My prayers go out to his family.

Tom Frazer

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I hate to hear of the passing of Bill. I met him for the first time at a Phil Kiner clinic at the Buckhorn Gun Club in North Carolina.

We also had the pleasure of parking beside him at the 2004 Grand American in Vandalia Ohio.

FRedmon

Picture was taken at the 2004 GA@Vandalia

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Here is another shot with his running budddy - GA2004

FRedmon

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Randy- I want, I very much want, copies of the photos you have of Bill and Ken. A personal story about the gun Ken is holding. It was my gun and I moved up to a more expensive gun and sold it to Bill. Then Bill started beating me with the gun. Then, Bill sold it to Ken and he started beating both of us with the gun. I have so many memories of Bill Young.

Pat Ireland

9. Roy Young

Roy Young TS Member

Bill Young was a gentleman and good friend. We always refered to each other as "Cousin", eventhough we were not knowingly related. He will be missed by the entire trapshooting community.

10. checker

checker Member

Easy way to get the picture of Bill & Buddy at GA 2004....or any pix on net. Right click on the image, save to a folder in your pictures in computer, put on CD, take to wally world or other to have picture made.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

checker- The best way for me to get copies is when I see Randy in Florida is to grab him by the neck and ask where it is. If he forgot, he could drive back to North Carolina and bring one the next day.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.