1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Schweisthal-St. Charles SC died this AM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surferboy, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Bill's wife, Judy, said he passed away in his sleep today following a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. Bill was Mr. Everything for the St. Charles SC. Over the years he often made 2 or 3 trips a day to the Elburn, IL club to shoot or fish, or just share a story or two. Mostly, though, he made sure the club grounds were safe from trespassers, buildings were secured, and all was operating safely. He helped young shooters with hands-on help and saw to it that trap help made some extra money from hulls he would bag up for sale.

Bill had no ego, just a good heart and a desire to help anyone interested in enjoying the outdoors. He taught my son to shoot well 10 years ago. And since then we bought or traded several guns with/from him. We still have ammo he loaded for us. We'll save that for special occasions. Bill Schweisthal will be missed, but not forgotten. Steve S.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Steve:
    Any idea about arrangements or services?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Hi Gene

Judy said she is going to honor Bill's wishes that there be no services other than immediate family. He's being cremated. Coincidentally, she learned after arranging for cremation that the person she was dealing with shoots at SCSC. The obituary will be in the papers Monday.

Bill and Judy's wishes are that memoriums for Bill go to St. Judes childrens cancer program at: 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38108.

Gene, I trust you are taking care or yourself after your cancer scare last year. We'll have to compare our diet and supplement programs. With Steven coming home, I'll be getting to the club often.

If you have any ammo for sale these days, we're looking for .357, .40, .45, .44 and 308. See you soon.

Steve

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Steve:
    Feeling good here. Last colonoscopy in Feb or March was all clear. Diet is less fat, vitamins, more veggies and fruit. Includes an occasional Portillo's hot dog. <:)

Thx for the info. Sorry to lose Bill. I knew he was sick and missed seeing him at the club. He was one of the friendliest guys out there.

Gene

5. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

i had the pleasure of working with Bill at avenue chevy. good guy, and a good mechanic. godspeed BILL..... TIM.

6. cle

cle Member

Sheriff Bill......., we'll miss you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.