1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Ruger is spinning in his grave....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    New Ruger 25-Round 10-22 Magazine

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." - Bill Ruger to Tom Brokow

"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round mags or my folding stock." - Bill Ruger

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. - Bill Ruger to Congress

"By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. - Bill Ruger

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Ruger has been a better company since his demise. Look at their great new
    1911 .45 ACP.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Johnny and I will love it. Considering a 10-22.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ruger is a little late to the show w/ a hi-cap 10-22 mag. Not to mention the fact that it's a post ban mag in some states, and won't be able to be sold like a lot of pre-ban 10-22 hi cap mags.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well the man did earn the right to have his opinion ......

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I've a customer who has a 10-22 that is still in the original box. He says it's 25 years old. He calls it a deluxe model with cut checkering stock. I want to buy the gun...what's one like that worth?

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Not as much as he thinks. Anything $$$ he wantss over existing retails could be spent on useful custom parts - most of which just drop in.

The 10-22 is a nice, inexpensive entry-level rifle but to make it into a good looking, reliable feeding, accurate rifle with a decent trigger means either a lot of polishing, buffing and hand-filing or swapping out factory parts for aftermarket items.

8. Brian in Oregon

The 10-22 he's talking about is still in production. It's been in continuous production for a long time. I was given one for Christmas in the mid-70's. I've seen them for $275 to $325 new.

Someone wanting a metal trigger housing may be willing to pay a bit more, but that's about it. The flip side of this coin is the plastic trigger housings have a more consistent and better trigger pull than the cast metal housings. This is because the housing is exact for dimensions and tolerances. The molds for the metal housings produced castings that varied widely, and hand fitting, often imperfect, had to be done.

The stock feels better than the birch carbine, and it doesn't have the barrel band.

The barrel from those days is probably not better than the barrels today. I was surprised at the groups of a recent off-the-shelf stainless carbine.

Frankly, I'd be hesitant to pay more than what I outlined above.

9. Brian in Oregon

You cannot appease the unappeasable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.