1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Poole's widow

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Leo, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Bill Poole

The name Bill Poole may ring a bell, He was a Hall of Fame trap shooter before his death. I think his wife had also won some ladies events. His 85 year old widow still lives in Muncie, Indiana.
    Two masked me broke into her house and threatened her harm. She grabbed her nearby .38 revolver and pointing at the criminals chest convinced them they should leave her alone. The old widow was not harmed. She assured the Police she was more than willing to kill him if he wouldn't leave.

Well done Mrs. Poole, Bill would have been proud!

2. McHale1

McHale1 TS Member

I remember Bill Poole as well as his son Bill, Jr. and his wife Etta. I'm sure Bill would be proud of his widow's recent actions. May God bless her.

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Bought my First Ljutic from Bill @ The Grand... Years ago, Enjoyed many an afternoon with Them...As They Traveled from Shoot to Shoot.
    Those Crooks got of Easy....Even Bill would of Told you That... As ,Bill did as he was Told too..LoL.Best they Not Come back..Things will be different the 2nd. Time around. Bart Reynolds

4. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

I bought my TM 1 from Bill at Indiana state Shoot in 1975.
    Wayne Downham

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I started shooting with Bill and Hazel in the late 60's, before they went into the gun business. Bill, Hazel, my wife and I enjoyed many great times during Shoots in Ind. Ky, Ohio and Tenn.. Hazel is alot nicer than Bill,and a better shot. The felons would not have left the house were Bill still with us. Bill was elected a Kentucky Colonel and he was quite proud of that. I was in Bill's $100. dollar a month club for years. I sent him the money whether I owed him for a gun or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.