1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& Bill McGuire Special Eye Candy Blaser &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

This is just a beautiful piece of lumber. It is the first piece of double grafted wood that we have ever done. It is English Walnut in the front and very back of the stock and Claro walnut in the center. The rib was an experiment that we did special for Bill and so far he is the only one to have this set-up. I used his gun as an experiment for a design that we will be doing on our own later this year. I am going to present this to Bill next week at the Zone 4 sporting clays shoot at Cherokee Rose in Atlanta, GA. I sure hope he like his new gun and shoots it well. As always thank you for taking a look and a big thank you to my Crew.

Dennis, Cindy, & The Crew.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Outstanding Work and Wood !!!

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What horrible advertising. LOL. Beautiful wood, and work, as always. Makes me want to through my wood in the fire.

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Just when I saw the last Eye candy I though it couldn't get any better.
    I was wrong. What a nice job you did on this one.
    Just outstanding.
    John

5. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Pretty cool, nice work. I see Bill even has his name machined into side of rib on barrel.
    Rob

6. craigos

craigos Member

Sir - what rib is on this gun, doesnt look like a factory blaser rib.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

If only the gun was going to a someone that could do it justice. What a waste of a nice piece of wood.

8. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Dennis, beautiful work, but tell us about the rib please. Is it fit over an existing rib or is this an adjustable ribbed gun to begin with?

WNCRob
    Charlotte, NC

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dennis and crew,

Y'alls work never ceases to amaze me. The craftsmanship that comes out of your shop is second to none. Mr. McGuire is one fortunate shooter. Having a custom made gun like that is a treat above all others.

When you get the chance, please enlighten us about the new rib. It looks to be quite a departure in the pivot design that what y'all previously offered.

ss

10. Dennis DeVault

To SS,

We decided to give this new design a try and get away from the old dovetail style. It allows the rib to be secure in the back but we will still be able to make additional sizes of ribs to allow for all the POI changes that shooters need. Also when Bill requested this new set-up be lower than the new Sporter that Blaser came out with. When we checked our new rib is about 1/2" lower in rear profile than the new Blaser set-up. When I took the barrel with me last month for Bill to try he was able to snap the barrel on his current gun and the sight picture was identical to his current model no stock comb change. This new style will be featurered on all of our new designs for guns coming out soon. The other new feature is the adjustment pin located in the front of the barrel. No more tools, just push the pin back and move the rib where you want it to be. We like the fact that no tools will be required for adjustment, one less thing you have to carry around in your shooting bag. Thank you for the question and enjoy your week.

Dennis DeVault

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

So Dennis can i move his POI without him knowing it? This could be fun.lol

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dennis,

I was hoping you were going to say that. You are slowly going to make my decision to build a custom gun a reality real soon with this new style rib.

Thank you very much!

ss

13. Dennis DeVault

Bad 303,

Yes it would be possbile to just reach up and make the change if you so desire. To SS which model are you thing about the single, O/U or the Combo?

Dennis

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dennis,

A Beretta O/U with 32" barrels. Something similar to this Blaser.

ss

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

For anybody who has a trap over/under or combo and thinks he needs a different gun for sporting clays, there's your answer. Bill McGuire is one
    of the best.

16. Dennis DeVault

Well, I delivered Bill's gun to him today and he flat loved it. Shot it well for his first time out. I even shot a Fiatsc event for the first time today and that was very interesting. Had a good time and I really like the Cherokee Rose shooting resort in Georgia. Nice people and a nice facility.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.