1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Cosby comments on Rev. Wright!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bill Cosby on Rev. Wright

Article from Wall Street Journal:

Rev. Wright epitomizes the thoughts and actions that have prevented and continue to prevent black America from moving ahead and achieving their potential as a people. He suggests that this United States of America made up of sons and daughters of immigrants (I'm talking of the millions of 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation immigrants in this country) of every race, creed, color and religion each and every one of them who had nothing to do with slavery, somehow owe something to a group of people who have never been slaves? It’s amazing. It seems everyone is to blame for the shambles black society is in with its violence, drugs, high school dropout rates, misogyny, and a host of other real and virulent problems, except for the very people who engage in such behavior.

Enough. As a society, culture or people, they should look within themselves and fix their problems.

When did this man become the spokesman for the 'black church'? And of course his church is different, but that doesn't mean his message and philosophy is acceptable, or productive or non-offensive or not-racist or indicative or our greater cultural behaviors, values and norms Americans.

And yes, the link between this man and Obama really does matter. At a very minimum, it provides insight into the political and philosophical strain that Obama adheres to.

Comment by Bill Cosby

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I so agree, and thanks for posting, Bruce

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How long before they play it on CNN?

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

About 7 years,,,

5. Juno

Juno TS Member

You got that right.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

huh!!!!!What the hell was that????????

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rev.Wrights response to TS.com and the Hillbilly's that hang here ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

After that, I feel terrible. I own a "Kraut" gun.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

grammy, is that you?

10. Juno

Juno TS Member

Get a rope.
    [​IMG]

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

juno, your killin me,,,

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

PerazziTopSingle:

Your 'facts' are a little fuzzy.

Total fatalities in the U.S. Civil War, aka War Between the States, War of Northern Aggression, have been estimated to be at least 618,000. Some estimates go as high as 700,000. In the past 100 years or so, there have been any number of ethnic cleansings, political purges, miscellaneous genecides, and generic 'slaughters' that far exceed the horrific death toll of the Civil War.

There are several groups (defined by religion or ethnicity) that would disagree with your assessment concerning who has been treated the worst. European Jews during the Third Reich, North America's indiginous peoples (aka American Indians), and the Cambodian victims of homicidal lunatic Pol Pot to name just a few.

Lynching is murder. Murder is a crime in all 50 states. I suppose we could enact legislation addressing each and every method of committing homicide but what would be the point? We have already enacted ill conceived 'hate crime' legislation. Those laws don't have much of a point either. The targeted hate crimes were already crimes and punishable as such.

I suppose if one ignores the 'ticket price' of a Kolar combo it isn't a $10K gun either.

sissy

PS: FWIW, I find it rather easy to dismiss Rev. Wright out of hand as a nut job. You too.

13. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Bill Cosby and Obama side by side and one stray bullet! What a shame

14. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Juno and Rooferbob:

PTS may be a wing nut but your posts are grossly inappropriate. Do the right thing and delete them promptly.

sissy

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

So are you saying its alright to work to keep racism alive and well in this country because blacks were mistreated in the past? Thats what Wright, Farakhan and apparently a host of other "black" pastors believe. I think it is what is continuing the racial strife we have to put up with.

16. ccridr

ccridr Member

You white boys better wise up and look around! When us baby boomers are gone, whites will be the minority in this country, if we are not already! We have adhered to the 1960 cry, zero population growth, while the blacks and mexicans have adhered to the " we don't have to fight them, we will out breed them " message.
    You are right Sissy, I am prejudice against any one who wants every thing given to them, when I work to take care of my own and am being taxed into the poor house to feed, house and give free medical attention to people who are to damn lazy to work for what they need. Don’t even get me started on all the illeagls, that is a whole nother crock of s__t being foisted on the taxpayers.
    Now I am going to go to the club and shoot something until I feel better!!!
    Colby

17. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

If I belonged to the KKK for 20 years and I quit tomorrow will that make me alright?????? Obama quit last week so does that make hin alright???

18. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Pass, your making way to much sense,,,but right on!!!

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It seems to that Dr. Cosby focuses on helping people command respect by improving themselves where as Rev. Wright tells people to demand it and by extension blames the rest of the world for not making that an entitlement. Big difference. Guess which man I respect.

Living in the past doesn't do much for people either. You won't build anyone up by reminding them what happened to their ancestors. You build them up with expectations of the future.

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Marcus Garvey had a back to Africa movement that failed monumentally. Seems the Africans did not want to go home.

Sonoran officials cry because se send their wtbacks back, they can't take care of them.

Yet WE are the bad guys.

Liberal guilt will be the end of our country. Someone has to get it back on the right track.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.