1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Cole of McMinnville Oregon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Bill Cole, known as an all-around "good guy" and "father" of the Bill Cole Trapgun, told me that he has to have some more chemo lately after having been cancer-free for a few years. However, despite his weakness from one bout of chemo last week, Bill telephoned me to indicate that he is shipping a needed part to me asap and said part should arrive today. He sounded weak on the phone, but always calm and enthuiastic. I feel I know Bill, although I've never met him personally.

If you pray, please pray for Bill. If you don't, please keep a toast and good thoughts for him this Thanksgiving. If you don't drink, well, at least make that toast with something sans alcohol. I, and I am sure many others who have dealt with Bill, are thankful for his contributions and presence in our lives.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bill Cole is one heck of a gentleman, as well as a fine gun maker. The one thing that will always stand out in my mind about Bill Cole is how well he is ALWAYS dressed when on the trap field. He truely remembers what it means to be a "gentleman trapshooter", and carries on the tradition to this day. My prayers are with you Bill.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I was at a trapshoot in Spokane and admiring his very top end guns. I was carrying my 90-T and jokingly asked him if shooting one of his guns, would I break more targets. He said not necessarily but I would look better doing it.

Great gentleman my prayers as well go out for a speedy recovery. BRGII

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

One of the nicest gun dealers I have had the pleasure of doing business with. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Buddy Walters
    Cole Num 49

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. Duck

Duck Member

Prayer's Sent!. Truly a Great Man!. I've never met Bill face to face spoken to him on the phone and enjoyed every second of our conversation's!. He even took the time a few years ago to return a call while on vacation!. I think of Bill everytime I close my Cole, shoot a Cole some time and you'll see why.

D. Snider Cole #106

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Called Bill tonight to let him know that I safely received an expensive (and high quality and beautiful) trigger group for trial. His home phone routed to his hospital room!!! I felt bad about that...but glad that he sounded stronger and is feeling better. He says that he is going home tomorrow. I reiterate, I am so glad that he sounded so much stronger and enthuiastic and he wished his friends down in So-Cal well.

9. Duck

Duck Member

Chango2,

Thank's For the Update. Great New's!, Wishing Bill Well!.

10. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

11. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Speedy recovery Bill.

Ray......Cole #57.

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Talked with Bill many times on tour. Yes, a rare and perfect gentleman.

Prayers, thoughts and best wishes Bill,

milt palasota

13. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I called Bill some year's back to see if he was going to be at the Southwestern Grand. He said maybe, why. I said I was left handed and interested in him building me a gun. He said he would meet me there and bring a try gun. I also asked him if he could change the top opening lever to left hand, he said sure, I will change the try gun before I get there. We set a time and he was waiting on me. What a great gentleman and great product. I had a death in my family and only got to shoot a couple of shell's thru it. I loved the gun but never had the chance to go up and be fitted for the stock. He then used Star and Moe bragg. Probably the best, if not one of the best shotguns I ever shot. Every detail well thought out and loved the interchangeable rib design. Got too busy to ever get the gun made. I sure wish I could have had that gun custom made for me. Bill, thank you for your time and thoughtfullness regarding a future customer and get well soon. You will be in my prayers. Roy A. Morton

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

TTT for Bill and his Family

15. Duck

Duck Member

TTT

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Best wished to Bill and his family.

All I needed was ANOTHER gun in which to be interested...LOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bill cole gunmaker-oregon
bill cole mcminville oregon
bill cole portland oregon

seitz shotguns mcminnville oregon

tom seitz vs bill cole