1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BILL COLE HAS PASSED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the family and friends, Bill was always an interesting man to talk to and will be missed by all .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

No, this is Bill Cole of Bill Cole Trap Guns. A brilliant man, a perfect gentleman and tool designer/machinist/inventor extraordinaire!! I am proud to have known him and visited with him several times. My heartfelt condolences to his loved ones.

Ken Rucker

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The world will miss a fine man..who's kindness and love of our sport will be deeply missed.. There's a new shooter in heaven on the trapline.. Hit'em all Bill.. I hope to shoot with you if I ever get there.. With tears in my eye..We'll all miss you Bill...I'm thankful for the times we shared.. Mike

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Never met the man...........but I wish I had.

My condolences to his family and his friends who will surely miss him.

Hauxfan!

5. Duck

Duck Member

Thank's Again John for the Post.

Sure wish I had made the time to go see Bill.
    I had some question's about my gun and he preferred to see or fondle it in hand as he put it. He wanted me to send it and I opted to wait in the hope's I could get it to him in person, at home or some shoot he would be attending.
    Truly a sad day for the Trapshooting community.

My Deepest Sympathy to Wife and Family!.

Don Snider

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My deepest codolences...we are losing so many good friends lately..very sad

7. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

The world lost a truly fine gentleman with the passing of Bill Cole. He always had time to talk to me, and he made some wonderful guns. When I think of a gentleman, I will always think of him.

8. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I never met him either, but I somehow feel as though I will someday. God bless his family, and thoughts and prayers go to all those who knew him. Very sad day indeed.......Rob G.

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Like PBB said, God has gained another good guy. My sympathy to the family. Joe

10. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

I'll add my condolences to what will surely be a long list. Bill was a gentleman, as has been said, and a truly nice guy on top of it. I will miss seeing him and talking to him. Jerry, Oregon.

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I can only tersely say: All the preceding reflects my sentiments exactly. I had the fine fortune to meet Mr. Bill Cole last February 14th at Redlands Shooting Park while he winterbirded in So-Cal. Took pictures and asked questions about my gun, and socialized. That day will always be recalled very vividly and fondly.

I hope I can have a good run at the targets in Kingsburg with my Cole. Phil
    Ross' story about the Cole Trapgun should appear sometime this coming fall in Shotgun Sports. In tribute and respect to Bill, please read the story when it comes out.

It is with tears in my eyes, I can only say: "We are diminished. Diminished greatly."

David Buchman,
    Los Angeles

12. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Knew him only by a reputation that appeared spotless. God be with him.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You can tell how good a man was by how those who stay behind remember him. Bill will be remembered well. Prayers for his family and friends in their time of loss.

14. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

While at Ben Avery my shotgun broke and Bill loaned me one of his and we shot a round of trap. It was a pleasure to meet him and to say I shot one of his shotguns. He will be missed by all who knew him. Hullchucker.

15. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Mr Cole was embodied what is best in the community of clay shooters: humor, courtliness, elegance and of
    course, expertise in gun making & shooting.

16. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

I have only heard good things about him- that story about him wanting to fondle the gun -- it would be a product of his but more than that, the labor of his work

I havent shot one of the cole guns and would like to try one-

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A true gentleman:

Discussing his guns at the Spring Grand years ago, He would make your gun any weight and point of impact you desired.

I was impressed. Rest in Peace, Mr. Cole.

HM

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

P.S. I believe Bill told me that only approx. 120 of his guns were made. If you ever have an opportunity to see or handle or shoot one, you will appreciate the workmanship and pride that Bill put into his SBT. And this comment understates the goodness of his gun that reflects the goodness of the person: Bill Cole.

19. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I had the priviledge of owning 2 Cole guns and with that came a friendship with Bill Cole. He was a gentleman who always had time to chat and have something interesting & positive to say.

Bill you will be missed......rest in peace.

Jim Cruz

20. mono1393

mono1393 Member

A great person who will be missed. My condolences to the family. Bill was a friend to everyone he met. Thanks Bill for being someone who cared. God bless. I had the opportunity to visit with him many times at the PITA Grand Pacific.

Chris Morris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

point of impact 40 0-34 bill cole