1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill and Lee Ann Martin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by awbenz, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Bill and Lee Ann Martin have been an asset to all Trapshooters. I see post like Martin's Money I feel that is disrespectable. They have first names so lets use them. There is the Rich Guy, The tx oil man, the Lotto winner. They all have names so use them.. Allen

2. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Give me a break.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Great Trap Shooting benefactors. We should all applaud them.

4. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

mallard2,

Person like you wouldn't understand. Allen

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thank You to the Martins Much!!! I thought when I heard it at the GRAND that someone was messing with me because my name and I was torked. BUT after remembering the generous donations that had been made I remembered. No matter how you refer to them THANK them as they drew more to the Grand then may have came and boost the chatter about the sport.

Jerry Lewis

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Allen very well said Bill and Lea Ann deserve the respect you are asking for. It may not have been an intentional reference but a reminder of respect is always helpful.
    Buddy

7. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

I have known them a long time. LeeAnn is a wonderful person. Should they be respected, like everyone, yes. Should they be revered because they have some money to spend on trapshooting, no.

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Trapshooting has always depended on contributions from people who love the game.

Some fund prize money and others spend many hours doing all the jobs required to make a club and a shoot work.

The guy who gets to the club early to set traps is no different from the President of the ATA. All are giving their time and talent for the good of the game.

Thanks to one and all.

9. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Mallard2, didn't your mom tell you if you don't have something nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all? What Bill and LeeAnn have done for our sport ( and I mean at a lot of clubs, not just the Grand) is way above the call of duty. It's too bad you have such a sour attitude. Maybe thats why you have only registered 200 targets in the past 5 years.

Sean Hawley

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thank you Sean.

blade819

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Should they be revered because they have some money to spend on trapshooting, no."

First off they are not revered because they have money to spend on trap shooting. They are revered because they have selflessly donated their personal money to the sport in an attempt to kickstart a struggling Grand. It's not because they have money, its because they love the sport and its people. I introduced myself to Bill at the Grand and Thanked him for everything he and Lee Ann have done for the sport. Straight from his mouth was the statement of their love for the sport and its people being the reason. In my opinion there should be an immediate spot in the Trap Shooting HOF for them. Sure they are not the first to donate money to Trap shooting but i think most agree they have went above and beyond the call of duty. I'm not sure we can Thank them enough. "mallard2" what have you done for the sport of Trap shooting? Personally, i think they SHOULD be revered.

12. il shooter

il shooter Member

i think that they should make sure that every one should shoot on the same yardage for the 100000 . young or old shouldnt matter . am i wrong to think that way? what is your opion .

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

il shooter--Its called Handicap. That's why there is the various yardages. If you donate $350,000 of your money, i bet they will let you make the rules. LOL

14. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Thanks Sean, I needed that. Allen

15. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

They should get all the respect they deserve, and they deserve a lot of respect,if a lot of people had the means to donate i wonder if they would donate like the martins, i did not win none of it but i still appreciate the fact someone did, we all should and on my first grand american shoot and visit i was amazed, and met some of the most friendly people in sparta

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Well stated Sean!

Ron Burr

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

well said Sean, tell them Beer King says HI

18. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Mallard

Do you need help pulling your head out? Bill and Lee Ann should receive all the respect we can give them. Te fact that they are willing to help our sport out is more thatn a lot of people do. The Martins have the utmost respect that I can give them. Someday I would really like to meet them and tell them so in person. Your words on here sound like you have a sour taste in your mouth for them. If you can't say something nice keep your mouth shut. We need more people like them, that are selfishly trying to help the sport of trapshooting.

Jim Bradbury

19. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Jim Bradbury

When you have the oppertunity to meet them just walk up and say Hi. One of the great things about them is how down to earth they are.. No Snob there. Worked very hard in life and were blessed financially a few years ago

Don't bother with mallard2, every post he comments on he has something ugly to say, even on Dan Orlich's thread. He has to be a Bitter, unhappy person. Allen

20. wlc

wlc Member

Two thumbs up for Bill and Lee Ann and so many others who give generously of their time and/or money. Thumbs down for all the ugly, bitter people who want to spread their gloom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bill and lee ann martin

bill and lee ann martin email address

bill and leeann martin

bill lee ann martin utah