1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bike riding for exercise?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 3, 2013.

1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check this person out

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=2&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod#/video/a3577069-c449-312f-2acd-5090049318c8

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Motorcycle, not bicycle in this video, Gene.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Motorcycles don't have shift cables on the handlebars. Bicycle helmet, too.

A CRAZY cyclist. LOL

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

You're right, Coach. I missed the bars and cables the first time I watched it, and was taking the helmet as a fairing.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The picture above brought back memories! In 1976 as part of the Bicentennial celebration there was a designated coast-to-coast bicycle route. As I remember the west end started at Astoria OR and followed US 26 over the Cascades and through eastern Oregon. In September 1976 my wife, year-old son, and I were heading back from Portland to SW MI along US 26 after vacation. Somewhere in the eastern part of Oregon we came around a corner and passed a very attractive young woman riding her bike alone, topless. Just after we passed her we crested a hill and saw a road crew working on a bridge over a creek about a half mile ahead. I looked in my mirror and saw her pulled over to the side putting on a tank top.

Last September my brother-in-law and his two cousins, all in their 50s, rode their bikes from Ontario, Oregon (on the Idaho border) to Newport (on the coast), using US 26 for a good part of the way. I rode with them the first two days, but had to leave after to judge a retriever field trial in Idaho the next weekend. It took them about a week to make it to the coast, and was a great trip.