1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest threat to Working Families? Football !!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Damn. That was so easy, I can't believe we didn't think of it before.

They tried everything to pass Right to Work in Indiana. Every year the Republicans would bring it up in the Statehouse, but to no avail. Many times, indeed, they had that Sorority Girl all liquored up, her panties off, legs open and breathing hard. But then, at the last minute, she'd somehow manage to roll over, shake off the grog and keep the "Big Thrust" from finding its way home - and the GOP would walk back to the frat house, frustrated. Was it the cologne? Wrong haircut? Why couldn't they get a piece of the action?

The Democrats and their special interests protested. Their legislators fled the state, denying a Quorum when the Republicans had the votes for passage. "This is about Working Families," they stated. "We will never let working families down," they reiterated. The Republicans threatened, "We'll fine you for every day you leave the State!" To which the Democrats responded, "Go ahead, fine us, then! You cannot put a price on the dignity of the Working Man."

Well, it turns out: you _can_ put a price on the dignity of the working man! And with the Super Bowl being held in Indiana for the first time, Governor Mitch Daniels and the Republicans were afforded the opportunity to calculate the price of betrayal down to the last penny.

The cost for Indiana Democrats to sell out their "Working Brothers and Sisters," as it turns out, was the cost of a Super Bowl ticket.

When the Republicans skipped putting on the condom this time, and scheduled the vote _before_ the Super Bowl, it turns out the Democrats (rich Fat Cats who no doubt purchased their tickets months in advance) simply could not bear to be out of state while the Big Game was going on. So, they showed up...and let the sumbitch pass.

Tch, tch. So when you Indiana Union Brothers are out there watching the Big Game and kicking back a brewski, take a real, hard look at the faces in the audience: right down there, on the 50-yard line, are the best seats your union dues could buy - with ruddy, fat-cheeked Democrat politicians' faces sitting in them.

What a country.

Heh heh.

2. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

IM IN ILLINOIS-A WORKING UNION CARPENTER AND IT DOESNT LOOK MUCH BETTER HERE.GOOD LUCK IN INDIANA,IM SURE IN HE NEXT TWO YEARS WE WILL FIND OUT HOW THAT FEELS.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

(The fact their party voted to ban your guns is just a bonus.)

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

A couple of weeks ago I was somewhere, and was asked to fill out a survey or something similiar, if I did I would enter a drawing for Super Bowl tickets and hotel rooms in Naptown.

Question - if I was to have my name drawn - would a week in Naptown in Feb be a prize or a sentence?? LOL

I refused to fill out the survey.

Buzzy, can't believe I'm admitting this but I watched MSNBC one night (just once, couldn't find the remote to change the channel) but the Mad Cow on the channel that night was gushing that with the spotlight on Indy, the Dems would be able to demonstrate and defeat RTW in front of a national crowd. She was orgasmic. Do you think they are hiding all the sharp objects at that network now? Probably not, with her ratings they are most likely leaving copies of "Final Exit" around the office.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ah yes...and did you see MadCow's caniption fit at Daniels' GOP rebuttal speech?

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think they said Tim Tebow's team won it?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

I don't pay much attention to anything Irsay says, because he's just your basic rich eccentric weirdo who has never lived in the real world. But Manning is usually very tight-lipped and serious. Somehow, I don't think Manning would be making statements like this if he were seriously preparing to return to football.

I think they better get "Lucky" and reload. You can't let a two-win season go to waste.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Irsay can go f... himself. I don't really care if the Colts ever win another game.

He picked up and moved the Colts out of Baltimore at midnight, to move to the brand new Hoosier Dome. Played a few years there then started crying that he was going to move to LA if he didn't get a bigger stadium. Now he is in Lucas Oil stadium. What you bet in another 5 years he doesn't pick up and move to LA anyway. I can only hope the Rams beat him to the punch and move back before he.

I get ticked about it every time I'm in Naptown. 9% food and beverage tax to pay for his damn 2 stadiums. Isn't being in Naptown punishment enough, but to then have to pay an extra 2% in food and beverage tax. Talk about rubbing your nose in it.

Thanks for the memories Peyton.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Amen brother. I would not be surprised if Irsay has his eye on that big LA media market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.