1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest load of CRAP that I have ever heard!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    This is hard to believe but it is true. I was listening to the local newscasters today on channel 4 here in Milwaukee, an NBC affiliate, and they had a story about a 3 year old boy not being allowed to sign his name as the school administration feel it is not politically correct.

His name is "Hunter" and they feel if he signs his name it represents guns and other children could possibly think it is ok to bring guns to school.

So the school has now told the 3 year old that he can no longer sign his name on any of his papers. I have no idea if he now marks an X on his papers or not?

Are these educators going crazy??? The newscasters had two adult guest on the program and one woman said that she agrees with the school's decision, and the other man a Republican, said these people are absolutely insane.

What is your opinion?
    Steve Balistreri

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

have him sign it "Qur An." it's arabic for hunter. who's going to argue with a muslim surname?

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

You had me at "Hello:"

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

That is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard of. John

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

His parents need to file a lawsuit, his civil rights are being violated

6. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Signing his name means sign language .... he is deaf. He signs by crossing his index and next finger on both hands, thumbs up, and rocks his hands up and down making a shooting gesture. YES His school officials must be smoking crack.

7. gasman03

gasman03 Member

This is a true story from Grand Island Ne. The boy's name is Hunter Spanjer he is 3 yrs old and the school does not like the sign that the parent use for the boys name. It represents a gun. I bet this gets bigger before it's over.

Coret

8. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The story has been on most news, even flinchers favorite Huffington Post. New York Post, ABC, and many others. Guess flincher does not read any news unless it is approved by the Obama campaign.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This is your brain without God.

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some "educators" are anything but...

11. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Have you ever heard the adage "Educated Fools"? And these are some of the people teaching our young ones! What a shame. But there is another old saying that says: "You can't shame the shameless". I hope his parents file a civil suit against the Board of Education and the teachers involved.

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Banned User Banned

The administration and school board should be taken to task for this that would stop this liberal crap

13. ziegmund

ziegmund Active Member

What the He?? is a 3 year old doing in school?

14. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

A more common name these days for little girls is Shithead. Pronounced Shi-thead. No BS. Can you guess the race?

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"What the He?? is a 3 year old doing in school?"

Uhh learning. My 4yr old is on his second year of going to school. It's Pre-School but they have a lesson as well as art, very basic math and fun time. He only goes 3 hours/day and loves it. He can write his full name can read some small words and has a basic understanding of addition and subtraction. My 18yr old which just graduated this last May also started at 3 years old. You are never too young or old to learn. By the time they reach 1st grade, they know a lot of the basic skills but most importantly they have learned how to learn. Kids are learning stuff in the 1st grade now that I didn't see until the 4th or 5th grade.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I wonder how many posters on this thread know that the "signing" has nothing to do with writing his name?

17. psfive

psfive Member

True all the way. Right here in the town where I live. The jury is still out as to what the final word will be. They do not like it. I say tough stuff it is his name. Paul in GINebraska.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

flinch,,,,why don't you do a google search,,,,,you can easily find the names,,,,,,just like I found out it was a true story BEFORE commenting,,,,,,are you going to do an "immediate face-saving retraction" for this???? :D

Subject: Biggest load of CRAP that I have ever heard!!!
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 - 08:00 PM ET
    Website Address:
    Probably another thread without any truth to it. Designed to stir up you old bastards. Have you checked it out?

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Jimrich60: IF TRUE......"

What do you mean IF??? Are you slow? Do you live under a rock? It's been covered by about every news source imaginable. I guess you are still wanting proof man landed on the moon too. Sheesshh

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yes eightbore, we know. Signing is the way hearing impaired and other challenged people speak. He is not writing his name with the sign language, he is speaking it.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The school board backed down...they caught more he!! than they ever could have imagined...sanity and reason won out for a change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.