1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIGGEST LITTLE SHOOT IN THE LAND OCSC C.R. IOWA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BeerKing, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

CHECK IT OUT

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

3. jober

jober TS Member

I have been beat many times by George and vowed to keep going back for more until i beat him and am not sure if i ever did he was a tough old bird!

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Tough shooter and not much for mincing words. Shot with him a lot in the SE Zone clubs.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

You must be really old Lit!!

6. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Yeh, I shot with some of those old names myself and remember them well. Since I am a little older then you and also took a short hiatus in the late 70's. My home trap range was in Tiffin, actually helped in running it with some other people after the late Larry Cramer left the club. Moved to Otter Creek after we closed Tiffin for the last time. What a sad time.

7. jober

jober TS Member

It's kinda nice to take a walk down memory lane, almost all of my old shooting buddies are gone and i miss them a lot. Some of those are John Broughton, Cliff Mckee,Bob Cannon,Charlie Stevens, to name a few. I remember shooting a week at the Iowa State Shoot with Bob Allen, Dean Johnson, John Broughten,Dave Washburn, and myself. I remember Dean Johnson broke all of the singles that week and shot very good handicap and doubles also. Those were the good old days!

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I remember them all especially Cliff McKee.

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Come visit us in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for a great shoot. Friday 7-4-08, Marathon targets with a declining price. The more you shoot, the cheaper they get! Saturday 7-5-08, 100 each singles, handicap & doubles w/ a buffet meal afterwards for shooters and their guests. On Sunday, 7-6-08, 100 singles and 100 Championship handicap. The high gun on the handicap will take home $1000. 2nd - $600, 3rd = $400. Flats of shells go 4 places deep in each of 3 yardage groups. Please come & enjoy the hospitality of Otter Creek Sportsmans Club!

A couple of other names to recall would include Harold Hesse and Cliff Leabo. Good shooters and even finer gentlemen!

10. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Thanks John for the ttt. I was in Cedar Falls all day today and I got to set the first trap back in to the houses. We test fired all of the traps extensively and we were elated to have only 4 with minor injuries. I commend Pat Trap and their machines for the way they responded to such a disaster. The Iowa State Trap Shoot will happen. We still need much help though as we now need to do the ordiary yearly things that we have not been able to do because of the water issue. We have scheduled the next 2 weeks of Tues/Thurs. of ISTA work days but believe me if you have a day that does not coincide with this let me know and I will find something for you to do. Remember we we are the 3rd largest state shoot and I do not want to take a step backwards because of a "little water". WE ARE SMALL BUT WE ARE MIGHTY

13. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

14. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Looks like a beautiful week end for a shoot.

15. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

No problem BK.

I'll be out at OCSC later today. The guys have been working their tails off getting the club ready for the annual event. As usual the place will be looking great and we have an Exceptional forecast for entire weekend. Come and join us.

Looking forward to seeing many friends (and making some new ones) from all over this weekend. Now if I can just get Ol' #54 pointed in the right direction enough times on Sunday .... $1000 to the 7-6-08 handicap CHAMPION!!!!

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Check your email............

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.