1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest cons on TS.Con

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

It happens on here all too often, when participants of certain threads get their pants in a wad about topics that really don't have the importance given as far as having any bearing on breaking targets!

Several come to mind and that is the worn arguments between the merits of whether to use 7 1/2s or 8s.....use either and it makes NO difference. If you didn't know which you were shooting, you couldn't tell!

Another is the arguments over Recoil, perceived, or felt recoil! These arguments get deep and go into types of powder, porting, recoil reducing devices, and gun fit. Without this topic, there would be much less discussion and fewer arguments where Neil would have to step in with a graph on sixth grade level which always seems to have a calming effect and cause of great joy with shooters of different camps shaking hands and declaring life long friendships!

We won't even go to the topic of 1 ounce versus 1 1/8 ounce loads as there is always someone coming into those discussions stating they have been breaking 27 yard targets with 7/8 ounce loads! Just stay out of all of these discussions as most of the imformation will have very little to do with your score outcomes!

First thing you must realize is that as a group, trapshooters are notoriously famous for have an inflexible mind. If they believe something, no amount of logic or even bullying will cause them to change the way they think something really is! So all the discussions above are only an outlet for venting, so just don't get taken in as they are just cons! Biff

2. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

I concur.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Well gee biff I guess we all see thing a little differently don't we. I see the following as the Biggest cons on TS.com.

Subject: Will the ETC of the ATA approve the new

Email:

Date: Thu, Apr 01, 2010 - 01:19 AM ET

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=614898
    Subject: Biff makes new magazine cover

Email:

Date: Thu, Apr 01, 2010 - 09:24 PM ET

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=613742

Subject: Clay Target Competition Unfair!

Email:

Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2010 - 05:41 PM ET

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=610259

So it would appear that when biff is picking the subject matter any crap he wishes is great but anything that someone starts for a thread is Big Con.

"It happens on here all too often, when participants of certain threads get their pants in a wad about topics that really don't have the importance given as far as having any bearing on breaking targets!"

Thats is half of the example here is the other half.

"Think about this for a few minutes! Clay target shooting is highly unfair to the targets, the odds are stacked against them having a fair chance. If they were actual living beings, what is done to them in the name of competition is and would be viewed very unfair and even unsportsmanlike"

Once again it is fine if biff plays buffoon but God forbid some one else brings up a subjects that effect everyone about the sport of trap. Then they have no importance toward breaking targets.

Give us all a break please.

Bob Lawless

4. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Nice catch bigbore do you know what she used for bait? Biff iam selling my gun's and take up fishing what do you think?

5. soup

soup Member

FOLKS,

Please keep in mind that even conservationists don't always think it is best to practice " CATCH & RELEASE ">> CLEARLY some catches are defined KEEPERS !!
    Case in point , photo from previous post .

Snake sh*%

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I love fishin too!!

Biffer, remember, trapshooters have short memories as well as short necks? We must keep them reminded of which is best, 7-1/2s or 8s, 1 ounce or the powerful full tilt loads of 1-1/8th! Another guess, probably half can't understand the charts and graphs presented as proof that one may be better than the other?

You know whats always said when referring to the mighty "opinion" others may have? Like @&&----s, everyone has one? Those sayin I'm right and your wrong leaves no room for an intelligent or open minded discussion? :) It's at that point they begin using foul/fowl words toward others.

Hapsterd :)

7. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Biff i shoot ky.9s 1.50 oz 4s and 5s breaks them real good on the 27 yard line you can really tell the difference try some i think you will like them. you will never shoot 7.5 or 8s anymore.

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I always enjoy the way so many basic laws of physics, perhaps inconvenient laws, are so gracefully ignored. hahaha

Charlie

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Jeff.....are those big mouth bass?????

tony

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

What Bass?

11. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Yikes! I'd let her run the trolling motor all day!!! I don't even know if I would have the will to fish. Probably just sit in the back and drool!

12. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Talk about being preoccupied with her being around.Good thing she's not at a Trap Shoot,WHAT CONCENTRATION????????????.

Sandy Holehouse.

13. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Nice catch bigbore do you know what she used for bait? Biff iam selling my gun's and take up fishing what do you think?

14. soup

soup Member

FOLKS,

Please keep in mind that even conservationists don't always think it is best to practice " CATCH & RELEASE ">> CLEARLY some catches are defined KEEPERS !!
    Case in point , photo from previous post .

Snake sh*%

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I love fishin too!!

Biffer, remember, trapshooters have short memories as well as short necks? We must keep them reminded of which is best, 7-1/2s or 8s, 1 ounce or the powerful full tilt loads of 1-1/8th! Another guess, probably half can't understand the charts and graphs presented as proof that one may be better than the other?

You know whats always said when referring to the mighty "opinion" others may have? Like @&&----s, everyone has one? Those sayin I'm right and your wrong leaves no room for an intelligent or open minded discussion? :) It's at that point they begin using foul/fowl words toward others.

Hapsterd :)

16. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Biff i shoot ky.9s 1.50 oz 4s and 5s breaks them real good on the 27 yard line you can really tell the difference try some i think you will like them. you will never shoot 7.5 or 8s anymore.

17. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I always enjoy the way so many basic laws of physics, perhaps inconvenient laws, are so gracefully ignored. hahaha

Charlie

18. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Jeff.....are those big mouth bass?????

tony

19. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

What Bass?

20. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Yikes! I'd let her run the trolling motor all day!!! I don't even know if I would have the will to fish. Probably just sit in the back and drool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.