1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BigDonDuckDogCaluttaWinners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I want to report that Big Don and Duck Dog pooled there coins and bought the Williams County calcutta winner Louie Morgan. They'll be posting details I'm sure. Brad

2. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Brad you tattle tale! Great shoot, 65 shooters in the Calcutta plus 3 more just shooting lewis class. We had shooters from Tennessee, West Virginia, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. Thanks to the club for hosting this great event and to all the shooters for driving many hours to attend.

On a side note, BigDon has accepted the Dr. Longshot / BigDon challenge and has made plans to attend two shoots at Cardinal to help facilitate the challenge match.

Don Cogan

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I'll put 5-bucks on BIGDON :)

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

What about them KY. hot shots ?

5. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Jeff,

Randy and Danny both represented KY very well. Danny just missed the Calcutta by a bird or two. Danny has shot consitantly good scores at this club and it is only a matter of time before he wins one of these. This was Randy's first trip to this club and he finished very strong with 48/50 on the back end. All I can say is this club takes most shooters a bit of time to figure out but Randy got it rolling after only 50 targets. Two great shooters that are always a good bet.

Don

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Brad because you couldn't come today the Duck Dog and I had some extra money to invest and it worked out well.

Don

7. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Glad you guys took care of alot of what we have to say for the Calcutta.

5875 was in the Calcutta Pot and 670 in Lewis and 630 in Purse. Louie Morgan with a 95, Tom Castor with a 94, and Robbie Sanders and Keith Hylton with 93.

Shooters from six different states shooting in Northwest Ohio. The birds were tough. We had several All American Shooters there and some that should be All Americans. The weather was pretty good for being almost the middle of February.

Good times were had by all as far as we know. We didn't hear of many complaints that is always a good thing. Just keep one thing in mind that in December we will start all over again with 3 more calcuttas.

Thanks to everyone who attended and help support the club and the youth trapshooting. For all the workers and the volunteers at the club. You shooters sure made my life alot easier with your kindnest and smiling faces. Hope to see all of you in the near future.

The Heisler's Williams County Gun Club

8. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Forgot to mention the Lewis Class winners: 92, 88, 86, and 80. So if you were not there for payoff you will be receiving a check in the mail in the next couple of days. Thanks again:)

9. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

We would like to thank The Williams county club for a very nice shoot. Without a doubt this club knows how to run a shoot.
    If anyone wants to know how to get shooters participation up they need to come to Williams county. People just having fun.
    They are great.

Mark Jonckheere

10. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Duck Dog you failed to mention how much you and Big Don received for your investment.

Big Don I wish I was there but had hunters all day, I was more certain of making money at work than at the shoot. Brad

11. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

We really enjoyed having all the shooters yesterday from so many different places. I believe we may have to rename these events next year as "Mini-Grands"! I had a great time, lots of laughs, although I had several targets escape into the brush and pond. Especially enjoyed the bid from the southern gang when they raised Brenner $5 over the minimum.

Brad-
    since I received no income back on your strong suggestion of Dirk being the diamond in the rough from the 23, please have Ann tie drag chains to our birds for next Monday, grocery budget is thin for a while.

Joe

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LMAO@JoeSmoke!! Bad investment advice huh Joe?

Putting your cash on Louie to win, place or show is a good bet anywhere or anytime! He knows how to win! Good Job Don n Duck Pooch! Enny chance of borrowin a few bucks till my hump back brother straightens up? :)

Sounds like everyone had a great time at a well run fun time shoot! Good job Tweety & company!!

Hap

13. gridlock

gridlock Member

I'm laying odds that Big Don puts the boot to Old Longsquat. My guess is that Longsquat will be a No Show however.

14. tweety1

tweety1 Member

It was the best Calcutta so far @ Williams County and I hope it continues to grow in December. Looking forward to seeing all the shooters at other shoots in the up coming shoots.

Thanks again to all the wonderful shooters!!!!

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Just how are BIGDON and DR.L going to compete? I previously suggested Golf car jousting with shuffleboard sticks, but now I'm leaning toward a paintball gun dual at 5 feet.....no cups.

My money is on the Marine.

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Who made the shoot-out challange between the Mi. Wolverine and the Ohio Dr. of longshot? If there is such a challenge, I hope it's during the Cardinal Classic!! That would be a Classic to be talked about for years to come! We'd pay to witness such a battle of Titans!!

Hap

17. dtrap

dtrap Member

Roger,

I think I have figured out these posts.

18. dtrap

dtrap Member

Roger,

I think I have figured out these posts.

19. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I'd pay a dollar to see that....I think the Marines will land again.

20. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I talked to Louie yesterday afternoon at Eastern Hills and when I congratulated him on his win he said he just got lucky. We went out and shot a round and he dropped a bird. I think he did it to make me feel better.

While there was cause for celebration over Louie's victory, the mood of the club was dour and downright ugly. The club members were livid over yankee carpetbagging bedwetters Big Don and Duck Dog taking advantage of our homeboy and bidding him up beyond the means of a poor southern shooter. We were going to come up there and "whup some ass" but we couldn't get the Dodge Charger started.

doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.