1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIGDON - Michigan State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DuckDog, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Big Don,

The State Shoot is over so you can now safely report without loosing any of that "dignity". Those of us that were stuck in Ohio because of work would at least like to hear how our friends shot! Any trophy wins to report? I hear the Williams County gang shot pretty good! I am told the youngest Maumee River Rat came up with another 200 straight in singles. Not bad for kid that hadn't had even one 200 straight before this year. Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Don

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don some guy by the name of Berlet kept kicking my butt in carry overs. I either have to break one more target or don't miss in the carry over.

I know Dave picked up some more mantle pieces.

A little punk kid by the name of AJ something or other took all the money in the miss and out. Seems like he did it last year also.

I don't have a winners list but I heard some Ohio names called for shoot-offs but they had headed south already. They had to get across the border before dark.

Ross, I am going to put a couple of bricks in his pockets and throw him back into the Maumee, 2 bricks might be to much.

We finally got a break on the weather at the end of the week.

Other than that it was a very dignified shoot and we missed having you there.

Now off to Indy tues., are you going over there?

Don

3. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Don,

You the man. Good luck at Indy.

OB

4. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

BigDon,

Thanks for the report! That darned AJ is tough to keep up with when the $$$ is on the line. We have to be careful calling AJ a punk kid these days. I think if I put you on my shoulders he would still be taller than us! I am glad to hear that you kept Mr. Berlet happy. Dave made a habit of visiting the trophy hut at our state shoot as well. I have to work this week but I am trying to talk Dysinger into going to Indy for at least one day. I know the Indiana B.O.D. have worked very hard to make sure they have a great shoot. Good luck and I hope to see you there.

Don

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I missed the 200th bird for a 199 in the class singles and some dude from the UP. that sells cars posted the lone 200.

I broke a 98 in the caps then some dude from the UP. that buys scrap cars posted the lone 99.

Those yoopers are tuff! {and make a mean cocktail}.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

That Bill Grill is Jr. and the other guy is Big Jim Creighton. The cocktail thing is just from living where there is snow on the ground more than half the year. That shoot was great fun you boys that missed it missed out. Many thanks to Cat and all the people who help making it go. Bill Sr.

7. 3357

3357 Member

were you drinking snow shoes ?