1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BigDog Averages

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by otnot, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

Sorry as soon as I figure out how to post a spread sheet I will put it up.

Jim

2. setter

setter Member

Are these gonna be the scores from the "Pet" memberships?????????

Jim

3. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Yhank you Otnot. Maybe there is hope for me yet!

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

according to otnot,s figures marshall has a 98.4 all around average. hawley 97.96 , campbell 97.76 lunsford 97.16 .i think that is pretty impressive. congratulations to all. dwain

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Thanks otnot, I feel a lot better.

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Those folks have higher averages from the 27 than probably 75% of the ata does from the 16.

Guess I'll just stay on the porch.

Jim

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

One of the things I realized after looking at all these numbers over the years is that there were very few handicap shooters before the late 80's that shot an average of 94. I think the advent of the voice release is the biggest reason for the increase of scores since then.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, the change to an easier angled target helped raise the averages tremendously also! Before the rule change, no one paid any attention to the setting rule and set the easier targets to attract more shooters wanting higher averages, which you now see. Hap

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

So Hap did your scores increase during the 90's? I just remember in the early 80's you had to be very alert to what was a slow pull or a fast pull and make the decision whether or not to shoot the target. Now either it comes out or it doesn't. Trapshooting is mostly timing after you have the fundamentals down and yet I still see people turning targets down with voice release. It should be called lost target. But my poing of this post was to point out to everyone that to be the best, you have to be willing to work harder than everyone else.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, even today, the best shooter's won't budge till he sees the target. It was the same thing with people pullers, anticipate and your going the wrong way! I've never shot enough to even think about being competitive in trap. Old man "ritice" hinders me and has for several years from shooting good scores.

Your absolutely right, if you want to bake a cake, you gotta break some eggs. Shooting trap and being competitive goes hand in hand with lots of targets under your belt! I also agree, with voice releases, if it's in the air, you bought it! Hap

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hap the reason I broght up voice release is that last year I shot at a club that the voice releases were so bad that I requested that we go to hand pull. Well the short version is, I missed one due to a slow pull and it cost me a 100 straight. My decision. It add's a huge varible to the game that is missing from today.

12. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

ya'LL FORGOT ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTERS (IN HIS OWN LIL MIND) OLEOLLIEDAWG
    HIS AVERAGE IS 100...BRING EM ALL ON....HE SAYS, BRING THE CASH

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

What might be interesting is to see a comparison of the top shooters today and before 1980 handicap scores. Give me a list of retired shooters.

14. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I too would like to see pre 1980 scores. Dan Bonillas was top dog when I started shooting. Another shooter that was always high in average was Bob Gilbertson. How about B. E Morrissey? Go to it OTNOT

Someone start a ...What ever happened to thread.

Regards Gerald

15. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Beuford Baily,(one of the greats as far as I am concerned) Deceased. A gentleman and a great trapshooter.Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.