1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Wild Game In Ohio

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Well for a while I thought we were going to get the chance at BIG GAME in Ohio.

It has been all over the National News Networks.

The gentleman that had all the wild game opened their cages and let them loose before taking his life, he was a Vietnam War Veteran, had a run in w/the ATF on firearms violations, spent time in jail, just recently got out.

All animals have been killed or caught except a Monkey.

GB
    DLS

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The monkey has herpes, LOL. How in the world did they figure that out?

-Gary

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Thats where AIDS came from isn't it??

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Before we heard about them shooting most/all of the animals, we shared this thought:

You are a farmer around Zanesville and didn't listen to the news this morning, but you're combining your corn and you see a Grizzly chasing a monkey run by your Combine! Holy Shi7!!,

5. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

I don't much care for monkeys. They seem to be nasty, vile creatures. I would not mind if somebody was to shoot that monkey. Mike

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It's sad. More concern over shooting the animals, than the safety of the public and the officers. Now PETA is bitching.

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Too bad the big cats had to be shot, but under the cover of darkness there was little choice.

A Vet. friend of mine said Monkeys are the worst and can be the most dangerous.

His words...they can beat the --hit out of you or take an arm off in one bite.

The Vietnam war has caused many.... after the fact casualties...and will continue to do so till it's generation is gone. A few friends of mine are now victims.

Sadly this person had problems.

Regards....Gerald

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This woman had here face ripped off by her friends pet chimp. They are very strong, very protective and very temperamental.
    [​IMG]

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

The Muskingum County Sheriff had a tough decision but he made the right one. Could not take a chance on these big predators spreading out. Too many unrealistic animal lovers out there - have no clue as to what could have happened. Truly a shame to lose the tigers, but sooner or later they're going to get hungry and the resources to corral or control that many animals weren't there. This is one case where "protect and serve" was a trueism. My hats off to the sheriff.

Rich

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

It is also interesting to note that all Wild animals kept as pets are out lawed in Ohio.

Bob Lawless

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Couldn't they just spank the monkey?

12. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

wolfram:
    I think I see where you're coming from..... Good thinking. Better yet, just give the monkey 10 minutes of "time-out" in the corner. HAW-HAW!
    Mike

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I heard the monkey was found. seems it was a 'meal' for one of the cats...

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"In the wider animal sanctuary movement, Ohio is known for inadequate regulation when it comes to exotic animals. It ranks on the bottom with Missouri, Nevada and Oklahoma among 25 states that have few if any rules on the keeping of wild animals, according to a 2009 report by the Humane Society of the United States."

a quote from a research article....

15. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Pardon me for asking but if someone goes completely insane, and that person has the keys to unlock all the cages, what good would a "tougher set of rules" do to prevent a repeat? Now obtaining animals, having standards for cage security and so forth are possibly in need of tightened rules, but unlocking the door, no matter how secure the cage is built would still let the animal out.

In none of the reading I have done about this Ohio case did I see any mention at all about his wild animals leaving his property by accident or escape. So his cages would seem to have been adequately built and maintained from a security viewpoint. Unlocking doors and leaving them open would let any animal out of their cage. So back to my question, what kind of rule would make it impossible for someone with the keys and a loss of sanity to unlock a cage?

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The monkey story reminded me of an incident near Zanesville a number of years ago.

A motorcyclist was attacked by a monkey off US Route 22 just west of Zanesville and US Route 93.

Motorcyclist got the bad end of the deal.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.