1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Trouble Coming

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bluedevil, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

First of all, I hope I'm all wrong about this. Google Stansberry & Assoc. then watch the video about his predictions for what may hit us next. He was right on about Fanny and Freddie, Bear Stearns etc. Long story made short, the world has used the dollar for it's base currency for many years, that was good for us. Now many nations lead by China, want to replace it with a world currency which would lead to tremendous devaluations of our money. I thought he may be a quack then I read the Wall Street Journal yesterday, guess what, big story about the same thing. His video is long and can get boring but if he is correct if you have say, $200k in savings you will overnight have $2,000 in savings. Like I say, I hope to heck he is dead wrong but we have to keep informed about this development. It will affect every single Ameican.

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

How else are we going to get ourselves out of this massive debt?

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

What currency would the world go with? Would it be all new, or the yen? You can bet your last dollar China will come out ahead, 9 out of 10 pieces of merchandise is made in China.

4. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

The Stanberry video is very long and complicated, read Wall Street Journal yesterday. It will be a combination of the Yen and Euro or maybe even a new one backed by China.There are steps you can take to protect some of your investments but remember our retirements and investments are based on the dollar and if your dollar is devalued by even 25% you lose that amount immediately. I see my broker at 10:00 this morning will post what he recommends later. He is a sharp guy.

5. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Just thought of something trapshooting related. If our dollar is devalued wonder what the cost of a new Perazzi will be?

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I've learned to skip to the end of these messages/emails/videos from doom & gloom/survivalists and see how much they are going to hit me up for a subscription fee.

I then mash the delete key...

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

The basket of currency will be called SDR's. The IMF is already using them.

8. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Yes, I look them over with a skeptical eye but when I saw WSJ come out with the same information I took more notice. What I consider is there are billions of people around the world that would like nothing better than to destroy our country. Several have the power and knowledge to do just that, either by cyber war, currency wars, or weapons of mass destruction. If you stick your head in the sand and pretend they don't mean business then you have nothing to complain about if and when it does happen. I plan to survive for my family, do what you wish for you and yours.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had a little capital from a house sale, and I went into foreign stuff. I have the British water utility, a New zealand restaurant co, a german coal company, Canadian oil trusts and like that. Diversified.

I got hit in the meltdown but stayed with it, back to about 90% now. I would not go into ANY dollar denominated issues. Except maybe a very cherry '41 Ford coupe.

Guns and gold will always keep their value. The rest is a crapshoot.

HM

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Gold, silver, copper, oil, grain, all moving past record highs. This in itself is going to cause pain.

Moving our manufactoring offshore has ripped the heart and soul out of our country. We are rebuilding China, as they move to #1 our currency will not be accepted for oil.

The stockmarket is the only thing doing good right now but that ponzi sceme will also blow up.

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wziPBj_gL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I think Big Trouble is already here.

13. neofight

neofight TS Member

Here's a little tid-bit on the subject of Stanberry and oh, there's so much more.

I loved the line in the clip where he says:" I'm not going to reveal any more as we don't want too many people knowing about this " Ha!

14. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Just got back from my broker, feel much better about things. The world will eventually change from the dollar to a mix of currencies and we will take a little hit for awhile. We are still the strongest in the world and it will take China many years to overtake us. They have a state controlled media and their many problems are not covered. I did mix some things up in funds, and did pretty good last year. Used him for 20 years and he has been spot on so far, very much worth what I pay him.

15. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Oh, Porter Stansberry the convicted fraud artist?

October of 2007, the SEC charged Porter Stansberry (now known as Stansberry and Associates Investment Research) with an investment scam in which Stansberry reportedly "lured" investors by claiming that they had proof that stocks in AidsVaxWorks would soar, only to see it collapse shortly thereafter.

After all was said and done, U. S. District Judge, Marvin J. Garbis ruled as follows:

"Judgment in favor of the Securities Exchange Commission and against Maryland-based Pirate Investor LLC, now called Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, LLC, and Frank Porter Stansberry was issued at the U. S. District Court for the District of Maryland on August 1, 2007 – 28 months after the completion of a bench trial. The penalty comprises disgorgement of $1.3 million in profits and interest from the fraudulent activity, for which Pirate Investor and Stansberry are jointly and severally liable, plus a fine of $120,000 against each defendant."

16. otnot

otnot Active Member

Before you get too comfortable, you might want to read some of the articles on the above link. And cut and paste some of the below links.

http://www.goldseek.com/

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/

http://financialsense.com/

http://ampedstatus.com/

http://www.shadowstats.com/

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I'm not sure any strategy will help the regular working American, the .govt will take what they will no matter what steps we take other than leaving the country,.

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Burl Ives had it right. Sing it with me. Silllllver and golllllllllld, sillllllver and golllllllld.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If Saudi Arabia implodes get ready for $10 gas.

20. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Gold is fine, I have some but right now silver is hot as is lead(of course)copper and other metals. I have a lot of copper from old plumbing jobs I did so I am watching that closely. There are frauds out there, look how many supposedly brilliant people were fooled by Madoff. You are correct if Saudi Arabia goes we are in deep doo doo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.