1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Storm In Ohio

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Friday a big Storm tore through Ohio I was at a trap club in Chauncy waiting for shooters to show up and a half hour later heavy winds came through and electric went out, waited an hour and half for power to come back on, I felt it wasnt coming on so I left for home, Power was off in Chauncy, Nelsonville, Logan, Lancaster, north end of Lancaster had power but everybody and there brother were at fast food places, long lines, and drive thrus were nblocking traffic, Power lines fell on cars, roofs torn off, fires were started, trucks were on fire from power lines falling on them, Fireman could not use water on the trucks as the 40,000 volt lines were hot, power will be off for a week in some places, and I did not get to shoot my new Blaser.

A lot of people are going to lose refrigerated foods, ho air conditioning in 100 degree heat, 911 phone system not working.

This storm spread damage completely across Ohio Hundreds of thousands are w/o power.

Took me 3 hours to get home that usually takes 35 minutes, but I had power.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

We just had a rolling boomer come through eastern Virginia. Felt like sustained wind bursts of about 60 knots. It was a very fast moving storm and it is still rattling around at 12:15AM. We have power.

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

I just checked my old home town. Sounds like hardly anyone has power, 35 miles east of Ft. Wayne. 48 to 72 hours to get it going again. It sounds tough down there.

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

We had the same storm in westrn MD, leaves and branches down this morning but thankfully we do have power. Joe

5. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Around Middletown the temperature dropped from 98 degrees to 67 degrees in 45 minutes. Wind went from 0 to 65 plus in less than 3 minutes. We did get some much needed rain, but lots of tree damage here.

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

We had 88 mph winds. Still got power but the wifes SUV took a large branch to the windshield. Couple of trees down but everyone is unhurt so all is well. Birdtracker

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hope everybody is safe

8. magic

magic Member

Lost part of the roof on my cattle barn. Lost the hog barn completely with pigs in it. Lost the roof on my shop, all my tools are soaked, welders, power tools, tv, satellite receiver, chargers, all wet or ruined. I am a land rover collector....lost a lot of historic service manuals, records, ads, etc. not a happy day here in Mt Sterling Ohio....

Jason Sheehy

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Good thing they moved to Sparta.

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Uncalled for comment Calkidd.

11. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Frederick, MD area. 2" of rain in 1 hour, hail stones bigger than golf balls. My new snow white, Ford Fusion, looks like a golf ball. Hood, roof and trunk covered with dents. Trees down everywhere. Corn fields flat. Might be something to this global warming. Good news, I have plenty of bagged ice stones for cold beer. Don't piss off Ma Nature, she can be tough.

12. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Still wide spread power outages here in western MD.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Wew got an almost identical storm last evening on my way home from the Tri-State Shoot in Ky, I was driving just ahead of the storm turned down this road w/slow moving car and storm caught up with me, I heard a tree cracking to my right and speeded up to avopid it crashing on my car, I got hit with small branches but the large limb missed me by inches, I finally passed the car and he got stuck by falling trees, hope he is stii there on Coonpath Rd, in Fairfield County, Lancaster, Ohio. We still have not got power since Friday's storm. Now more wires are down with trees on them in more areas. I seen some out of state power crews just sitting in trucks having coffee, taking a break
    and second storm was coming while they were in their trucks.

There were no trees around where they stopped, they were safe and so was the trucks.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

As of a few days ago 240,000 without power here in Central Ohio.

Most estimated to be restored by July 7-8.

They are restoring certain areas first because of the grids.

On radar, it looked like the storm extended into lower Mich.

The tree removal is taking the longest.

Anyone hear of any damage to the Cardinal?

Regards....Gerald

15. magic

magic Member

Was at cardinal yesterday. A few trees down and a fence damaged on the sporting course is all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.